Xbox 360 in an Astro City?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Re: Xbox 360 in an Astro City?

Post by emphatic »

Daniel B. wrote:May I PM you with a few noob questions?
Sure, but have a look at my article about the UVC first, it might answer whatever questions you have: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=139
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

Yeah emphatic's page, the UVC thread on shmups forum and scanlines demystified has been my reference for everything.
neoyagami
Please Continue...
eBay: neoyagami
Initials: JEF

Post by neoyagami »

Hi all,

Resurrecting this in 2020, I have NAC, 360, vga cable with rca stereo out, Saturn HSS-130 with x2 brook 360 boards (So i can swap the buttons and sticks straight into the Astro city Panel)

Assuming these, all i need are to convert video for a 15khz analogue signal and audio (I'll have to convert the cab to run stereo but thats another project)

Also Assuming VileTims old board is hard to find, and new board is not out yet, and the Emotia is hard to find and expensive - What are my options for converting the video? (i'm UK based)

Thanks
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

A UVC would do the job, but hard to find and expensive. I just use an official MS advanced scart cable and hooked it up through the Jammacon. It's 480i but displays fine. Not as good as the UVC's 240p I imagine though.
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

I'm sure there's many ways to get 240p from the 360. I just don't think they'll be too cheap, although I can pretty much guarantee that it'll be cheaper than the cost of one cave pcb :)

480i isn't too bad from my experience, but you will notice some flickering especially at menus.

If you get the official ms scart cable, you can use it with arthrimus' console jammaizer.

https://arthrimus.com/product/console-j ... pre-order/

These have had two rounds of pre orders and look like a complete package vs the viletim due to the integration.

With that said, I do believe Tim is working on a v3 of scart to jamma pcb, it's just a matter of when it gets released.

The uvc is still one of the best ways to get 240p from the 360 due to it's compact size, price and quality - if you can find one, buy one! :)

I suppose you could also try those vga to cga converters you find on aliexpress or ebay, but I personally have zero experience with them so I can't really provide much experience.

Good luck!
neoyagami
Please Continue...

Post by neoyagami »

I was under the impression the nanao could only take a 240p 15khz signal? Or can it display the interlaced signal too?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

480i is the same as 240p, it can display it.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

360 games look great in 480i, just make sure you get the Advanced Scart cable from Microsoft. Sure, menus look flickery, but ingame is 100% fine.
neoyagami
Please Continue...

Post by neoyagami »

Thanks all for info on the jamma boards, the all in one solutions that handle downscaling and audio amp (like arthrimus) look great. I guess i'll put in for a next round of orders. Has anyone had experience with Pc-Jamma by Bartox - http://www.bartoxsystems.com/?page_id=48
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

neoyagami wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 4:59 pm the all in one solutions that handle downscaling and audio amp (like arthrimus)
It doesn't do downscaling of the video signal.
mozie
Initials: JON

Post by mozie »

Wouldnt one of these work for video/audio

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=41246
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

mozie wrote: February 5th, 2020, 12:26 pm Wouldnt one of these work for video/audio

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=41246
Yeah I am using one of those to go from RGB scart to jamma, works fine but as I said, it's 480i.