Cabinet Identification

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
PHRHD
Please Continue...
eBay: JLanphear06
Initials: JAL

Cabinet Identification

Post by PHRHD »

I wasn't sure if there was a board for this, so I figured external sales might work for what it is. I'm still new to the cabinet scene, and was hoping I could get some help identifying a specific cabinet. This thing is obviously beat to hell, and would need some restoration for sure, but it's difficult to find any relatively decent deals on candy cabinets here in America.

With that in mind, could you guys let me know if this is an actual cabinet? If so, what model? It looks like someone may have made it? It's pretty pieced together...

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/vgm ... 17977.html

UPDATE: I think it's an Aero City, but man... it's pretty beat. Do you think it's a good deal?
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Cabinet Identification

Post by geotrig »

no ,

its a aero alright and pretty beat up as you said !its not the worst deal as it contains soul caliber 3 (just noticed that its not working ) scratch that and the namco system but needs $$$ to get it looking like an aero again !

:lolno:
PHRHD
Please Continue...

Post by PHRHD »

geotrig wrote:no ,

its a aero alright and pretty beat up as you said !its not the worst deal as it contains soul caliber 3 (just noticed that its not working ) scratch that and the namco system but needs $$$ to get it looking like an aero again !

:lolno:
Yeah, I kinda figured it wouldn't be worth my time. Hopefully it goes to a home with more money to bring it back to its original glory, but sadly, that's not me. Thanks a lot!
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

I dont think it is such a bad deal, get rid of the game and invest the money in new art.
PHRHD
Please Continue...

Post by PHRHD »

zumbito wrote:I dont think it is such a bad deal, get rid of the game and invest the money in new art.

Yeah, I was looking at it further, and it would need a good cleaning, and some dent repair, but the rest seems intact. I was looking for some new art, but wasn't able to find any right off the bat. Any suggestions for where to maybe track down some repro art?
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

theside art shouldnt be 2 hard to get made as the files are about.
The illumination panel put me off, but maybe it's just laminated plastic over it? The only other area is the cp panel area, it looks crap. Dents and scratches are part of our cabs so wouldn't worry about that, Aero's are pretty solid cabs

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

there is a header /illumatiion part up on yaj https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v534664135

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"