I think my Egret II Power Supply is ****

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
barmskii

I think my Egret II Power Supply is ****

Post by barmskii »

I plugged in my (bootleg) fixeight board last week and as the attract screen was chintering away I noticed a funny smell.

I looked down and to my horror there was a thin stream of smoke coming from the front door of the cab!!!

I turned it off (very quickly) and left it to stop smoking.

Next day I disconnected what I think is the power supply (the vertically mounted PCB at the front of the PCB space):

I had a good shufty over it and everything looks ok except for this small chip at the front that is quite obviously the source of the smoking:

I've looked it up online but couldn't find many references to it and the only site that seemed to sell one has a minimum order of £100 for new customers!!

I'm assuming if I can track one of these things down I can just unsolder this one and replace it with another?? Or will I need a new power supply. I have been toying with the idea of just getting a uk power supply put in instead but I wouldn't have a clue how to do this.

Out of interest does anybody know what this chip is and where I might be able to source one?

Any help would be very gratefully received as I really really want to play Espgaluda2 again :(

Cheers

Paul
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Re: I think my Egret II Power Supply is ****

Post by penrhos »

I have a spare Egret-II PSU if you need it, its the one where the components are all open (ie no lid) - Does £30 posted sound OK?

I can take a picture and double check its working over the weekend but I wont be able to post it out until Wed.

looks like you've had a short on one of the powerlines and its burnt out that component - I'd check the wiring for the PCB and that there are no shorted out pins.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
barmskii

Post by barmskii »

hi pen

A replacement power supply would be awesome (I never thought i'd find one tbh)

30 quid sounds good to me.

Is it the same as the one in my first piccie? just want to make sure I can just swap them straight over without any problems.

If you could test it for me and let me know that would be ace. Thanks mate

Paul
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

And if you wana try and fix yourself you can get the part from here http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/gene ... lcome.html .They do singles
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

Found it - not tested it yet...
DSCF4903.JPG
DSCF4904.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
barmskii

Post by barmskii »

Yep that's the one mate.

TBH even if it doesn't work I would probably take it so I can use it for spares to fix mine.

Give us a shout when you've tested it out mate.

Thanks

Paul