Clone Noir/ Naomi Audio Tripping Circuit

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Spectrexcwk
Please Continue...
eBay: Spectrexcwk
Initials: Nwb

Clone Noir/ Naomi Audio Tripping Circuit

Post by Spectrexcwk »

I have 2 clone noir's connected head to head. Inside one is a naomi with a sega i/o (metal enclosure with amp), netdimm, and official sun psu.

I've never used the cabinet speakers. I've always run a standard rca cable from the naomi (or cps2) to my home theater receiver.

I recently moved to a new apartment. The cabinets are on circuit A (20 amp). The receiver is on circuit B (15 amp). I'm finding it impossible to get audio to the receiver without tripping a circuit breaker.

setup 1:
Naomi on circuit A
Receiver on circuit B
Breaker for B is tripped immediately upon plugging in naomi rca audio. Even if both devices are off.

Setup 2:
Naomi on A
Audio plugged into portable headphone amp -> headphones
works just fine. This is the way I've been playing the last few weeks.

Setup 3:
Naomi on A
Audio plugged into portable headphone amp -> receiver (via headphone output port)
Breaker for B trips

Setup 4:
Naomi on A
Receiver plugged into extension cord from A wall socket
Breaker for B still trips! Despite none of the devices being plugged into it! I get weird scrolling lines on the naomi afterwards too. The lines are so distracting I can't leave it like this.

* I've tried half a dozen rca cables
* I have a surge protector that displays volts/watts/amps. Using this I can confirm the amp is pulling like 1amp. Even when the breaker trips this stores the maximum for each measurement. The measurements are laughably low.
* These issues persist with nothing else plugged into circuit B.
* Maintenance from my apartment has no idea but they claim the outlets are fine. They said apartment complex is only a year old so the wiring should be ok.

I know this a lot of text but I'm at my wits end. I've tried everything I can think of. I posted in the cabinet section because maybe it's related to the cabinet power supply or wiring? Any help would be greatly appreciated.