Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Stox58
Please Continue...
eBay: Stox58
Initials: LJA

Which joysticks fit this NAC panel ?

Post by Stox58 »

Hi,

I brought a replacement panel for my NAC, thinking everything was standard Sanwa fitment. Button holes are all standard but my Sanwa joystick doesn’t fit the mount and the shaft would also need to be longer. It’s an original panel and the mounts look factory.
Please can someone tell me which brand off Joystick I will need to buy.
Please see attached pictures

Thanks from Luke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Which joysticks fit this NAC panel ?

Post by Rossyra »

Seimitsu LS-32, you need a mounting plate specific to this CP. Neo Legend used to sell them but now don’t, I don’t know of another source.
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

Stox58 wrote: Please can someone tell me which brand off Joystick I will need to buy.
As Rossyra said, either Seimitsu LS-32, LS-40, LS-58, LS-60 or any seimitsu joystick that can be fitted with a Sega or Seimitsu "NA" mounting plate, you can also put JLF's in there with a JLF-P-1S plate, but you will loose almost 1cm of shaft lenght under the cp.
Stox58
Please Continue...

Post by Stox58 »

Thanks for the info

Is this one correct with the SE base ?

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/ ... stick.html

Thanks from Luke
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

That’s the correct stick, none of the stock plates will fit that Astro panel. (SE is the flat plate btw, it would be crippling low on your CP)
Stox58
Please Continue...

Post by Stox58 »

Sorry, the SS base plate is the countersunk one

Is that correct ?

Thanks from Luke
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

copados33 wrote:you can also put JLF's in there with a JLF-P-1S plate, but you will loose almost 1cm of shaft lenght under the cp.
You don't lose 10mm. I haven't checked, but you lose maybe a few mil if that. It's the correct height. JLFs aren't supposed to be mounted flush against the panel.
Stox58 wrote:Sorry, the SS base plate is the countersunk one

Is that correct ?
SS is wrong as well. Seimitsu doesn't manufacture the proper plates anymore. Either you find a used one for a Seimitsu stick, or you get this Sanwa JLF with the S-plate.
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »

Stox58 wrote:Button holes are all standard but my Sanwa joystick doesn’t fit the mount and the shaft would also need to be longer.
Sanwa shafts are longer than Seimitsu shafts because they're supposed to be mounted recessed using the P1-1S plate like nem says. This is actually an annoying problem when Sanwa modding console arcade sticks, because with the smaller Hori sticks there isn't enough depth in the case to support a recessed mount so you have to use the Hori shaft and cut off part of the Sanwa actuator (the black plastic part sitting under the circlip) to get the correct distance between the balltop and the panel.
Stox58
Please Continue...

Post by Stox58 »

Ok thanks for the info, I think I will make my own brackets to fit Sanwa sticks as I already have one spare.

Cheers from Luke