Salvaging original stickers?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Salvaging original stickers?

Post by zumbito »

I am biting more than I can chew, projects are starting to pile up, waiting for parts to repair monitors or learn how to work with fiberglass, but who cares! Finally starting my Cute restoration! I am planning to powder coat the cutie, so can´t just mask the stickers, besides the side decals are completely ruined, so will have to order some repros. The small ones with serial number and voltage signs I want to salvage them, as much as I can. Does anyone have a good technique to peel the stickers off without damaging them?
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: Salvaging original stickers?

Post by zak »

Pretty sure there are repros for those too.

Muddymusic sells fantastic side art for the cute.
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

Check the mint green Aero for sale here at AO, the guy did a powder coat job while masking the sidearts
2X Sega Aero City
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Powder coating is cured under heat. I don't think it was powder coated.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

FcoBenitez wrote:Check the mint green Aero for sale here at AO, the guy did a powder coat job while masking the sidearts
I saw it, I was surprised too. He said a friend of his did it for him, I asked the guy at the shop, and said it can´t be done (or he doesn´t now how). I used a hair drier and took the off carefully, the thin ones, came out just fine, but the ones surrounding the speakers and the coin exit are a bit curved now. Probably, they wont survive a good cleaning and will need some repros.
denson
eBay: chubba100

Post by denson »

Ask Jase if he still has any...I'm pretty sure he had more made than he needed when he restored a cute a while back..