Page 7 of 8

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: April 28th, 2019, 8:53 am
by jhonny_d
ok, I get that, how much did end up paying for transport and fees?

Should I look at alibaba or aliexpress?

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: April 28th, 2019, 8:58 am
by mRCaESaR
jhonny_d wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 8:53 am
ok, I get that, how much did end up paying for transport and fees?

Should I look at alibaba or aliexpress?
I don't think you've made the effort to read the thread mate, all the info is here..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36736&start=20#p488171

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: April 29th, 2019, 7:35 pm
by Bazz
quick question I have a chewlix and lost my keys. Is there such think as universal key to open the panel and coin door ?

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: April 30th, 2019, 8:06 am
by mRCaESaR
Bazz wrote:
April 29th, 2019, 7:35 MP
quick question I have a chewlix and lost my keys. Is there such think as universal key to open the panel and coin door ?
I use a drill bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

With my chewlix's, both keys are the same for the cp and both the same for the coin door.

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: May 4th, 2019, 8:31 am
by jhonny_d
mRCaESaR wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 8:58 am
jhonny_d wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 8:53 am
ok, I get that, how much did end up paying for transport and fees?

Should I look at alibaba or aliexpress?
I don't think you've made the effort to read the thread mate, all the info is here..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36736&start=20#p488171
Thanks, gave it a secodn read and cleared a lot of doubts :)

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: June 17th, 2019, 4:08 pm
by LupinTheThird
mRCaESaR wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 11:35 am
Who did you purchase from?

I went with WanMo

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 0.0.OXfmOm

I pretty much contacted everyone I could on Alibaba and found A LOT of the suppliers are pretty much the same. Some varied in price quite substantially from my research eg some quoted me 900 USD for one complete unit. Some just don't want to send 1 unit as it's not worth their time.

For me personally, the experience I had with WanMo and their sales rep Crystal was fantastic and I'd recommend them

How long did the process take?

About 7.5 weeks for me. Payment was made December 1 and I received my cabinet on the 15th of January.
Trying to take in all the info here so apologies if I overlooked it somewhere. I notice your units are stamped Vewlix. Did you add that? Or is this the official manufacturer that Taito works with? I'd prefer an "official" Vewlix and I have seen somwhere, here or on reddit, folks saying that if you find the right manufacturer the quality is rock solid and it's the same company that does the work for Taito.

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: June 18th, 2019, 12:07 am
by mRCaESaR
You won't get an "official" one from alibaba.

The branding on the ones I have is from the reseller... They have "vewlix" on the marquee and "taito" on the control panel.

The decals were purchased separately

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: June 21st, 2019, 4:09 pm
by LupinTheThird
mRCaESaR wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 12:07 am
You won't get an "official" one from alibaba.

The branding on the ones I have is from the reseller... They have "vewlix" on the marquee and "taito" on the control panel.

The decals were purchased separately
What I meant was that Taito doesn't manufacture these. A factory in China does. I saw in a thread, might have been on Reddit, that if you find the right manufacturer you are getting the exact same machine. It won't be officially labeled, but it will be the same as what Taito sells for 3 times the cost.

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: August 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm
by Jermz1
LupinTheThird wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 4:09 MP
mRCaESaR wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 12:07 am
You won't get an "official" one from alibaba.

The branding on the ones I have is from the reseller... They have "vewlix" on the marquee and "taito" on the control panel.

The decals were purchased separately
What I meant was that Taito doesn't manufacture these. A factory in China does. I saw in a thread, might have been on Reddit, that if you find the right manufacturer you are getting the exact same machine. It won't be officially labeled, but it will be the same as what Taito sells for 3 times the cost.
Hook up the thread from reddit

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 2nd, 2019, 11:21 am
by yiggs
Put my order in through Potech on alibaba
Will be updating on how it goes over the next few nerve-racking months.

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 2nd, 2019, 9:59 pm
by Jughead
yiggs wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 11:21 am
Put my order in through Potech on alibaba
Will be updating on how it goes over the next few nerve-racking months.
I would ask Rose Zheng to cancel the order if you can.

I just dealt with Potech buying a replacement control panel and they are useless.

They somehow made three waybills and I had two requests for import fees but only one was correct.

The control panel is shockingly bad compared to an original and I am someone who normally doesn’t care about slight differences with clones. The sheet metal used is way too thin and It’s horrible playing a game on it. It wasn’t put together properly and it’s misaligned so the back doesn’t shut all the way.

They managed to over tighten the terribly cheap plastic side panels and pulled the plastic through the hole and bent the paper thin sheet metal along with cracking the side panel and little bits falling off.

There are other cosmetic differences such as tiny holes in the top and another bolt hole in the bottom. And four joystick mounting posts instead of two so you can’t use a Sanwa unless you get a plate.

Only positive is you could use the glass panel in an original as that’s the same.

I hope you have better luck than me.

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 2nd, 2019, 11:46 pm
by yiggs
Jughead wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 9:59 MP

I hope you have better luck than me.
oh dear.. I already paid them and they're on the way to the shipping company..

So what's the story on these guys? Did you buy your original cab from them? Because I understand that there's quite a bit of variance between different companies' vewlix clones.

Dang man, wish I found out earlier

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 3rd, 2019, 12:06 pm
by Jughead
I only ordered a complete control panel as my plan was to use it while I take part my original one and have the metal frame sprayed.

My control panel even had the paint falling off at where the back part screws down and they had manually put x’s where to drill the holes with all the residue left over still inside the panel.

Hopefully a full unit will be of much better quality as I also had to put on the overlay with mine as it was all separate.

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 5th, 2019, 7:08 pm
by LupinTheThird
Jughead wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 9:59 MP
yiggs wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 11:21 am
Put my order in through Potech on alibaba
Will be updating on how it goes over the next few nerve-racking months.
I would ask Rose Zheng to cancel the order if you can.

I just dealt with Potech buying a replacement control panel and they are useless.

They somehow made three waybills and I had two requests for import fees but only one was correct.

The control panel is shockingly bad compared to an original and I am someone who normally doesn’t care about slight differences with clones. The sheet metal used is way too thin and It’s horrible playing a game on it. It wasn’t put together properly and it’s misaligned so the back doesn’t shut all the way.

They managed to over tighten the terribly cheap plastic side panels and pulled the plastic through the hole and bent the paper thin sheet metal along with cracking the side panel and little bits falling off.

There are other cosmetic differences such as tiny holes in the top and another bolt hole in the bottom. And four joystick mounting posts instead of two so you can’t use a Sanwa unless you get a plate.

Only positive is you could use the glass panel in an original as that’s the same.

I hope you have better luck than me.
I contacted Potech and became concerned when they wanted to offer me two different build quality options for the cabinets. They have a base and a "premium" cabinet made of better materials. They sent me pictures but I could not discern what the difference actually was other than being told it was of better quality materials. Why even do that? Just make one quality product to start with. I went with Wangdong and the cabinet itself is very solid. I've never used an official Vewlix but this feels really solid and better than the candy cabs I've seen in the past that were official product. I will post up my full impressions and buying experience in a couple days when they've resolved a few minor issues we are discussing.

And a tremendous thanks to mRCaESaR for this helpful thread and responding to all my PMs and noob questions! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, no matter what anyone else says!

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 6th, 2019, 3:05 pm
by yiggs
Image

Image

Image

The sales rep sent me a few pictures and a video of the machine up and running. Looks alright. Is there anything else I should check before they send it off?

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 6th, 2019, 8:35 pm
by Thundaar
Glad I found this threat! I'm also interested in purchasing a Chewlix, and possibly setting up a NY Area group buy.

LupinTheThird, I look forward toward your upcoming report. Please detail the shipping logistics on both the Chinese and U.S. sides. I'm trying to find a logistics company similar to the one mRCaESaR used in AU. DHL/UPS/ & FedEx all seem to limit international logistics to registered businesses. Even then, want exorbitant fees (>$3K).

I'll hold off on any further questions until then.

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 6th, 2019, 8:52 pm
by mRCaESaR
Looks like every bit of a chewlix to me!

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 13th, 2019, 12:56 am
by yiggs
Paid Shipporter!

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 13th, 2019, 2:36 am
by mRCaESaR
Exciting times! :)

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Posted: September 16th, 2019, 4:24 am
by yiggs
Shipment is on the way!
Estimated time of arrival to Australia is 31st of October, but i reckon it'll take a few days at the port to get everything cleared/unloaded/unpacked.

Fingers crossed!