Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Post by mRCaESaR »

looks pretty sweet man!

I'd offer tate brackets, but I gave my last spare to another mate which leaves me with just my own set for mine.
Ploppers
Please Continue...
eBay: ploppers

Post by Ploppers »

mRCaESaR wrote: February 16th, 2022, 9:48 pm looks pretty sweet man!

I'd offer tate brackets, but I gave my last spare to another mate which leaves me with just my own set for mine.
Thanks dude, nah thats completely understandable, thanks for the offer. Just gotta hunt some down, or I might be able to get my friend in Brissie who does metalwork to make me some up.

Built another PC for one of the RED cabs;

Radeon 6660XT
i3 10105F (4C/8T)
16 GB DDR4 (2*8GB for Dual Channel)
Silverstone SUGO13 (same case as last time)

Got it imaged and running well.

Now for my plans...

Going to take the Brooks universals out of the White cab, take the 2nd Player sticks and buttons (Seimitsu/Sanwa) out of the existing Red cab, and tape off the control panel to make a ghetto 1L7B, and move them to the 2nd Red cab and tape off the 2nd player controls like the first Red cab. put the brooks universals and the computers into each Red cab.

Then just for now, put the Pi4 Setup with XinMo's into the White cab, as the Pi4 plays CVS2 really well so it will match with the artwork.

So I'll end up with

Red Cabs; <-- Will eventually be a Head to Head Setup, with KVM to switch between Linked mode and Mirror Mode
1L7B Seimitsu Ls32/Sanwa osbf 30/24, Brook UFB, single player (2nd player controls taped off). <-- Will be replaced with 1L7B Vewlix type C panels when they get here from Raf.
Computers running x86_64 Windows + LaunchBox

White Cab; <-- Will eventually become my Vertical Schmup cab. For now will be my 2P Hori MAME cab
2L14B Seimitsu Ls32/Sanwa osbf 30/24, 2* XinMo Encoder, 2 player cab <-- Will be replaced with 1L4B Vewlix Black Diamond panel (when they get here from Raf) w/ Brook UFB
Raspberry Pi 4 <-- Will be replaced with another Computer running x86_64 Windows + Launchbox in Vert mode

Hopefully that makes sense haha, does it my head.
B-boppin' and Ploppin', Jackin' and Whackin', Windmill Providin' ...
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Got the two RED Cabs done, White cab is ofline for now until I build another PC for it.

Actually getting some TATE brackets made up, (All thanks go to mRCaESaR for measuring more than everything! <3 )

Only need 4, but gonna get a few more and stash them away ;)
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Image Image
Click for bigger Picture

So I've got my White cab Rotated, removed the CVS2 artwork and am getting some DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou art printed for it (Plus a nice Promo Art Poster :D ). Currently no PC in it, waiting to build one for it next week but have been running my OneXPLayer in it and man a 32" 16:9 screen in TATE mode makes a huge difference for Shmups, much more engaging :D Just waiting on a Vewlix Black Diamond 1L4B Panel, Sub Panel and Marquee replacement, in the mail from Raf. I ordered some replacement Vewlix L artwork that will be here soon but ill wait till I get the 2nd shipment with the Vewlix Diamond Black Art and panels.

So heres the status of the two Red Chewies at the moment;

Image Image
Click for bigger Picture

I ordered two toppers and two sets of SSF4AEv2012 artwork, and the seller misread the order as 2 Total, not 2 of each, so another topper and set of art is currently in the mail. Was a little annoyed at first but the dude was nice about it and sent them off that day and apologised, meh everyone makes mistakes its all good.

I also put LED strips into the instruction space and wired them up to the PSU +5v, looks great! You can see the individual LED's when its blank but with the Artwork in, it diffuses them completely and evenly glows :D

I have the following package arriving today or tomorrow, super psyched! :D

I ordered the Vewlix L repro stuff before I realised he did Diamond Black, he'd already made the Vewlix L stuff so I just have them as backups, or to maybe trade/sell to someone in Aus that want's near Taito quality Vewlix L Control Panel/Sub Panel to replace the dodgy Chewie stuff.

And the last thing I really don't like is the Vewlix L Marquee artwork on the Chewies, so Raf made 2 of these up for me and they are in the 2nd package thats coming later; (The package containing the Vewlix Diamond Black 1L4b + Vewlix Diamond Black Sub Panel + Vewlix Diamond Black Marquee)

Image Image

Much nicer, should make my Red Cabs pretty close looking to Vewlix C's, Just gotta remove that Vewlix L artwork off the sides this weekend. And will then be trying to order some of that awesome Vewlix C artwork that you got mRCaeSar :P

Anyways, I'll post a video after the Vewlix C panels get here to show em off :D

Cheers!

EDIT: Also leaving this here, the pinout for the Coin Mech in all 3 of my Chewies. My Chewie had a Pandora in it, so it only had 3 wires, 12V +, 12V GND and then 1 Controller wire, you need to add a 2nd controller wire (ground), as using the 12V GND could damage the Brook UFB/Controller board.

Thanks to Brett Lemon on Facebook Chewlix Group;

Click for Bigger
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Got my Vewlix White cab nearly done, just need some Artwork printed and to link the coinmech up to work.

Now its more of a Chewlix Diamond Black, really love the colour scheme of this cab!

Click for Bigger Picture
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

And spent all day but finally nearly have my Red Chewies done, just waiting on art for Player 2 cab, 24mm button plugs and wire the coinmech up.

Welcome my Chewlix C's :D

henriqueadriano
Please Continue...
eBay: henriqueadriano2011
Initials: HA

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by henriqueadriano »

Hello,

I will share my experience/saga of buying a Chewlix from China(Aliexpress) by myself.

I ordered my arcade on 2022-03-03, price was ok (moreless) but not too expensive, CAD 861 for the arcade + CAD 793 for the shipment.

So from the beginning, everything was good, seller answered all my questions, confirmed my address (BTW I am in Canada - New Brunswick) and I was told that the arcade would be delivered at my address. So, from what I've researched, this is a complicated purchase, people used to need a middle man to get the item here (Canada/USA) and so on. So I though, that's great, this will be delivered at my door, I could not be happier lol.

On 2022-03-10, I've got a "awesome" message telling me that I had to pick up my arcade at Montreal - CA, and I was like "whaaat" lol.

So, basically it will be 900+ km from my home to Montreal...

Well, I think I will not give up, so, I will rent a UHALL small trailer,

r/cade - Viewlix/Chewlix purchase from China
and I will drive to Montreal, whatever day they tell me the arcade will be there. I guess it will be some sort of adventure hehe, sort of, not too fun but still...

So, I will keep you guys posted of how it will end.
Please, any tip, advise etc will be very welcome and I appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

===========================================================

Hello guys,

After a long journey of waiting and callings/emails between me and the people from Montreal, I finally got my Viewlix/Chewlix arcade machine.

It was a long process, you can confirm between my first post and today.

Summary:
* I had to go there and pay taxes for the province(city of Montreal) (CAD 170)
* I also had to pay more taxes after the item got into the city (CAD 275)
* The company responsible for arrange the receive of the good helped me out with a shipment between Montreal and Moncton(my city) (CAD 380)

The item was delivered at my door after all this. It is all good, working great and brand new.

It came with a 32 inch Samsung monitor HD, some nock-off Chinese joystick, a Pandora box DX.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6b64jxkypbck ... 5.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djctc32nw7bw5 ... 9.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7xqtfgq02qt0 ... 3.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2odyqu4ktk7x6 ... 5.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8d1utdmn4efy ... 8.jpg?dl=0

Thank you all, let me know your thoughts.
For now, I will start working on upgrade my Chewlix, very excited 🎶😎🐱‍🏍
Last edited by henriqueadriano on June 6th, 2022, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Ploppers »

henriqueadriano wrote: March 11th, 2022, 1:16 pm So, I will keep you guys posted of how it will end.
Please, any tip, advise etc will be very welcome and I appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
Welcome to the addiction mate! Please update us with how you go, and any questions, please ask!!

Nearly have all cabs finally where I want them, just have some 24mm buttons and 24mm button plugs for the sub panels. Will probably replace the amps and speakers at some point but i'm happy with how they are all at the moment and the panels in the Red cabs are awesome, just would like to replace the monitor in the White cab but its still pretty ok.

White Cab, now a dedicated TATE cab;

And my two red cabs are now a VERSUS Head to Head setup, with Solo, Netplay (Fightcade binaries) or Versus (Direct KVM);

Future plans;

- Replace all speakers and amps
- Replace White Cab screen
- More art
- Play them more :D

<3 Ploppers.
Last edited by Ploppers on March 19th, 2022, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
henriqueadriano
Please Continue...
eBay: henriqueadriano2011
Initials: HA

Post by henriqueadriano »

That's is a really nice set up you have buddy, my goal is exactly make my viewlix as vertical shooter. 8-)
Tracer1
Please Continue...
eBay: trac3463

Post by Tracer1 »

Hi. Newbie here.

May I know where’s the most trusted site to buy Chewlix? I’m from Singapore
j69

Post by j69 »

Anyone used Jamma pcb's on these? CPS1/CPS2 etc?

Any issues?
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

I can't say I've done it. I keep all my jamma stuff in my astro city.

I think you need some ossc or something to upscale it
DMC
eBay: duncthedunc
Initials: DMC

Post by DMC »

Your cabs are looking great @Ploppers
Codiene
eBay: ebayID
Initials: AAS

Post by Codiene »

Has anyone ever managed to get replacement coloured trims for their Chewlix before?

Any sites, contacts or cost info?

Will be picking a cabinet in a couple of weeks and it will eventually look like @Ploppers very nice dedicated Tate cab.

Will post up what I get and how I get on modding it
Codiene
eBay: ebayID
Initials: AAS

Post by Codiene »

I finally have my Chewlix. I have the same issue as Anthony Thomas did in 2017 with the control panel edge being slightly raised and a if you apply a small bit of force on top of it it moves down to where it should really be but then springs back up a few mm if your remove the force. You can see it raised and he mentions it around 13:38 in this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHH-ZL ... VDw/videos

Anyone else had the same problem and worked out how best to fix it?

To be honest there are a few things e covered that are the same on my cabinet so they are still doing the same things after all these years :lolno: