Ploppers
Please Continue...
eBay: ploppers

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Post by Ploppers »

So got the PC built :D

ImageImageImage

Even in the small case with a stress test, max cpu is ~ 60c and gpu ~ 70 :D

Unfortunately, I had to spend about $932aud on DLC...... ugh (Owned most fighting games on Steam, but required filling in the gaps..._
B-boppin' and Ploppin', Jackin' and Whackin', Windmill Providin' ...
Madgear
eBay: PM
Initials: ACE

Post by Madgear »

This is an excellent thread!

I want a Chewlix to pick up for a friend. I wonder if I'd be able to find one in the states? I'd love to pick a classic SEGA cab but the freight costs seem intense!

Good photos/posts here, I'm kinda sold on how adaptable these seem to be.
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

There's plenty of resources in the states.

You have KC on the west coast and you have Anthony C that have previously done group buys. Not sure if he still has some stock but I know he's pausing them for a while iirc.

Check out the Facebook group "taito vewlix/chewlix owner's group"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6372863 ... ?ref=share

There's a wealth of resources there which makes this thread a bit redundant now.. Back when I first created this thread, there wasn't much information, now there's a decent fb group with a number of chewlix owner's :)

Keep in mind the price of a brand new chewlix is not far off the price of a vewlix f/c so that's something to also consider.

Definitely check out the fb group
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

FINALLY, ITS HAPPENED TO ME!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Another video soon, after the initial upgrades :D
Madgear

Post by Madgear »

mRCaESaR wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 1:20 am There's plenty of resources in the states.

You have KC on the west coast and you have Anthony C that have previously done group buys. Not sure if he still has some stock but I know he's pausing them for a while iirc.

Check out the Facebook group "taito vewlix/chewlix owner's group"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6372863 ... ?ref=share

There's a wealth of resources there which makes this thread a bit redundant now.. Back when I first created this thread, there wasn't much information, now there's a decent fb group with a number of chewlix owner's :)

Keep in mind the price of a brand new chewlix is not far off the price of a vewlix f/c so that's something to also consider.

Definitely check out the fb group
Hey, thanks for that! I need to join FB first :lol: But, thats a really cool community you all have, though. If I ever make the purchase I'll have to reach out.

Also @Ploppers : VERY NICE!
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Madgear wrote: September 26th, 2021, 8:35 am Hey, thanks for that! I need to join FB first :lol: But, thats a really cool community you all have, though. If I ever make the purchase I'll have to reach out.

Also @Ploppers : VERY NICE!
Thanks Madgear, super happy with it. So happy in fact, I have another two in the mail from China haha.

And if anyones interested, the follow up video;

Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Got some upgrades done on the Chewie.

First off the Control panel, and 5 Qanba LED Buttons, waiting on a Dual USB hub that fits where you see the blank. Wired them to a USB connector that plugs into the PC. (Waiting on Volume Adjuster and bigger Volume Knob in mail)
Also added some Vewlix stickers, but really not happy with them, they're semi transparent and darkish. Ordered a better replacement set.

(Also managed to map the Xbox Guide button to Escape in Windows, finally!)

Extended the power button of the PC to the control panel, and have ordered a Remote control Power switch, so I can leave the Chewie turned on and activate it via the Remote. Then its just a matter of hitting power on the Control panel to turn on the PC. I did have my Astro PC set to turn on when power was applied but the catch is, when you shutdown the pc, after about 3 seconds it turns itself on again. So Its just going to be, Remote to turn on Chewie, then hit Power on the control panel for the PC.

I like the panel but have ordered one of these to replace it, along with a black NesicaXLive panel and going to put an wireless charger inside it.

Followed mRCaESaR's lead with the top plastic and used gaffer tape to stop the topper LED shining through the plastic, really annoyed me.

Got myself a Acrylic topper, and used some of my left over CVS2 Artwork, and have made up some artwork to get printed for the places that needs it;

And this is how it looks for the moment, pretty happy with it.

Have an LG 32GP850-B sitting in its box, ready for Chris' awesome Monitor swap bracket! :D

And a final update, I finally found 2 Red/Black chewies the same this and they shipped this morning! Going to be a back to back, Versus setup. Just gotta get the 1P8B/1P7B panels for them now!

ImageImage

Cheers!
Soundwave

Post by Soundwave »

mRCaESaR wrote: July 16th, 2021, 1:35 pm If you have the brackets - yes

Process to tate -

Tate brackets -

And someone created repros of the bracket on arcade projects

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads ... ets.17875/
Thanks for the that appreciate it, might be a bit more than my useless self can manage but will certainly investigate it

Just putting some finishing touches to a man cave so think one of these might be on it's way to me in the new year

@Ploppers love reading your posts how is the experience with your one?
Do you think they work as a first cab?
If I get one it will most likely just house a Pandoras Box & I may look at hooking up my Jpn Xbox 360 for the CAVE stuff assuming I can work out how to TATE it easily enough ;)

Thanks again all

Neil
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

To tate is easy enough as long as you have the Tate brackets :)

I personally don't think it's worth putting a Pandora's box in them, you're better off with the 360 imo.

You get the most out of these cabs with HD stuff
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Soundwave wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:03 pm
mRCaESaR wrote: July 16th, 2021, 1:35 pm If you have the brackets - yes

Process to tate -

Tate brackets -

And someone created repros of the bracket on arcade projects

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads ... ets.17875/
Thanks for the that appreciate it, might be a bit more than my useless self can manage but will certainly investigate it

Just putting some finishing touches to a man cave so think one of these might be on it's way to me in the new year

@Ploppers love reading your posts how is the experience with your one?
Do you think they work as a first cab?
If I get one it will most likely just house a Pandoras Box & I may look at hooking up my Jpn Xbox 360 for the CAVE stuff assuming I can work out how to TATE it easily enough ;)

Thanks again all

Neil
Hey Neil,

Thanks mate! Glad you enjoyed them! The Chewlix's are an amazing first choice for a cab, most of the parts in them are fine to be left and it basically can be used ASAP after you unpack it, especially if you just want to run the Pandora in it :)

And there's a multitude of upgrades you can do to them 1 at a time also, and it has very minimal specific Taito parts, the Chewies have mostly generic parts that can be replaced if they fail or for better ones. 100% recommend a Chewie as a starter cab, just make sure you get the older Rotateable Monitor style and not the newer fixed horizontal monitor style, as they are not as good quality as the older Chewies like the ones I have.

Cheers mate!
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

IT BEGINS... AGAIN!

mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Nice! I'm low key jelly - I'd like a third one for HD shmups
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

mRCaESaR wrote: November 24th, 2021, 10:34 pm Nice! I'm low key jelly - I'd like a third one for HD shmups
Thanks man, going to use these two for a head to head setup and my original as a vert cab :D

But now...

ImageImage
ImageImage

That's it for now, sorry haha, gotta finish my workday before I can play! (One of the first things is to figure out how to remove the Vewlix L sideart they've put on...)
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Looks awesome. Did you get monitors on these or empty?

Heat gun and some IPA I reckon
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

mRCaESaR wrote: November 24th, 2021, 11:56 pm Looks awesome. Did you get monitors on these or empty?

Heat gun and some IPA I reckon
Thanks dude. So these were "Upgraded" models for a client that ended up not going through with the purchase due to shipping taking too long. They mentioned they have Samsung 1080p panels and a few other 'upgrades', so I'm keen to check em out.

Heat gun and some IPA I reckon, Yeah actually that'd prolly do it :D

You got your art through Noodleshirt right? I'm thinking of getting some printed for these two as I've got 1L7B panels coming from Raf for them.
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Hey guys, sorry was crazy busy at work Friday and have been whittling away. Had to give an update;

Basically working on 1 cab at a time and trying to find room for them haha.

Got it up-stairs!

Control panel attached, sadly no EL panel included for lighting up the instruction space but thats a $10 fix from eBay :)

Strangely, this cab has no JAMMA harness or or molex connectors that connect the controls to the main cab body, its just a spool of wires that going into an IDE looking plug that hooks into the Pandora's Box.

As you can see pretty empty on the inside, going to completely electrically strip both of these over the XMAS break anyways.

Different coin mech as well, which goes straight to the Pandora. And no Test/Service switches this time.

ImageImage

Fit and Finish is about the same as my original Chewie, so no dissapointments. Panels are 1080P Samsung, need to do more investigation on lag/colour/etc

Happy to have another two for a head to head VS setup, here are my plans for both;

- Strip all electrics
- Replace with Australian Standard power connections from Middy's
- Replace panel with 1L7B (Vewlix C panels, Thanks to Raf), Red Sanwa buttons (white Start) and Seimitsu LS32 Joystick (red balltop).
- Matching Vewlix C Small control panel from Raf
- Remove Vewlix L art from side, get and fit Vewlix C art (Noodleshirt?)
- EL Panels for Instruction space
- Replacement Vewlix Stickers
- Transparent Red Vewlix Marquee area (No idea how i'm getting these)
- Marquee holder Plexi repro
- SFF Ryzen PC's for both (Enough for Tekken 7/SFV @ 1080P)
- KVM for Single/Dual mode
- 4 port ethernet switch for Linked mode (Mostly for SSFIVAE v2012/KOF13/KOF14 TypeX)
- SSFIVAE v2012 / KOF 13 / KOF XV Artwork for Both
- more to come!

Love ya guys!
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Looks fantastic!
AsanoRonin

Post by AsanoRonin »

Oh man... I wanna get another Diamond Blue to go with my 1st one so I can have a tate as well as a hori one. Is there a tate version of that frontend?
Madgear

Post by Madgear »

Super cool! Your chewlixes have come along nicely! @Ploppers
Ploppers
Please Continue...

Post by Ploppers »

Thanks guys! Not much progress over xmas, but got the third cab up and in place, and now definately have no room left.

Ordered another PC for the Red Cabs, at the moment one is running a Raspberry Pi 4 and the other a Pandora's Box.

Got replacement 1L7B panels for all 3, 3 matching mini panels, and replacement marquee plastics to make them look more like C's. Just waiting on them :(

Plan is for the two red cabs, to either be Single game mode, or via a KVM swap to a VS setup. Gotta find a set of TATE brackets for the White cab now, so hard to find!

Got two Acrylic Toppers in the mail along with some Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition artwork for both :D

Room Panarama (click for bigger image)