Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
lechtung
Please Continue...
eBay: lechtung
Initials: RSC

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Post by lechtung »

Hi all! i want to buy a "chewlix" in alibaba and i am trying to select the correct provider (one that for sure is not going to take my money and don't send the product).

So if you have experience buying a "Chewlix" it will be really appreciated if you can post here a valild link to the item :)

(is better a link becouse some times there are different sellers with the same name and is difficult to find the correct one)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Also some advice about buy a chewlix will be more than welcome !

@yiggs is possible that you provide the seller that you used before? I know that you said potech, but i am speaking with one seller with this name and they said that they never selled vewlix with the monitor that you had so... i want to be sure ;)
VIDEOTRONICS
eBay: VIDEOTRONICSUK
Initials: MHP

Post by VIDEOTRONICS »

https://videotronicsuk.com/chewlix-vewlix-cabinet.html

web prices are plus vat

no vat export
Rockohoward
Please Continue...
eBay: rockhow
Initials: RKO

Post by Rockohoward »

glocknyne562 wrote: August 25th, 2018, 5:35 am
Kavas wrote: August 24th, 2018, 6:24 pm
glocknyne562 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 9:16 am I have the coin mech working perfectly. I'll make a post about it tomorrow. It's 1am at the moment.
Eagerly awaiting this. I have the coin mech on my desk right next to me. I keep playing with it kinda like a fidget device :oops: :lol:
Sorry I forgot all about this. I'm currently at work right now.

The model I have is PY-800.

The first thing you want to do is to check if your coin mech is powered on. If your coin mech is not powered on, it will reject everything. You will hear a loud BEEP when it is powered.

Here is the pin out of the cable that I received when I got my Chewlix.

Image Image

As you can see. You only need cables for NO, 12v, and ground.

I wired the cable for NO (coin signal) to my Brook fighting board (use anY button). You can also splice it to your coin signal from your jamma harness if you have a jamma setup.

You can wire the 12v to the arcade power supply. I just purchased this and power + ground it up this way.

Now you just want to make sure your coin acceptor is in NO mode. For my model, the switch is located here and all I did was make sure it's all the way up.

Now, it's time for you to put a sample of the coin that you want to use here. Just lift up the "Replace Coin" piece and stick your coin in there.

Next you want to make sure it's in slow mode. For this model just move the switch all the way to the left.

Now you want to adjust the sensitivity for your coin acceptor. Just get a small flathead. I believe I got mine going more clockwise.

That's pretty much it. Let me know if it helps.
Any chance these images can be reup'd interested in seeing how the coin mech was set up as I have the same.
Soundwave

Post by Soundwave »

Hi all,

Quick question without scouring back through the whole thread but can you TATE a Chewlix?

Thanks

Neil
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

If you have the brackets - yes

Process to tate -

Tate brackets -

And someone created repros of the bracket on arcade projects

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads ... ets.17875/
muquatina
Please Continue...
eBay: morisco81
Initials: MM

Post by muquatina »

mRCaESaR wrote: September 7th, 2020, 4:39 am Thought I should give provide an update on my Chewlix adventures :)

Not much has changed since December 2018 as per my post viewtopic.php?p=505984#p505984 until recently :D

I made a purchase of a Taito Type X3 (still in transit and won't be with me until November or so) and a number of I/O's (2x Sega Type 3 I/O's and 2x Taito Fast I/O's) with the hope of turning these cabs into a JVS/Fast I/O compatible cab.

With that comes a whole lot of rewiring, so I started with re-wiring the Brook UFB.

I've now rewired my UFB to be "J" harness compatible, so I have the joystick and 6 buttons, plus start going to the 15 way connector and I have another connector that takes care of my auxiliary buttons (L1, L2, TP Key, Home, Select)

With a UFB re-wire, also comes a control panel re-wire. Here are my CP "J" harnesses

Wired up to the buttons and she seems like a perfect fit - the HP button could probably be a little longer, but it's not a show stopper.

Hello. Beatiful works, congrats.

I have a question. I have buy an original Vewlix, cabled JVS with board Fast I/O
I would like to mount a ps4 like you, so I have a double option. Original taito X2 and Ps4. I bought a Brook universal fighting board. How to wire the brook to do what you did, with the J connector from I can attach and detach if necessary?
VxD
eBay: virtualxdriver
Initials: VxD

Post by VxD »

muquatina wrote: July 20th, 2021, 2:05 pm I would like to mount a ps4 like you, so I have a double option. Original taito X2 and Ps4. I bought a Brook universal fighting board. How to wire the brook to do what you did, with the J connector from I can attach and detach if necessary?
The most elegant option I know of to mount a Brook UFB in a Vewlix while keeping the original cabling is Arthrimus’ Vewlix Console IO:
https://arthrimus.com/product/vewlix-console-i-o-v2/
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Yeah definitely 2nd the recommendation of using arthrimus' board.

My way was simply because I didn't have any existing taito wiring. Arthrimus' board makes it a very simple, zero fuss process.

But if you wanted to go down the 20 pin header, if you're in the US reach out go lemony Vengeance who I believe have this in stock.

If you choose to make them, then it's just a matter of finding the brook ufb schematic and line it up with the Taito J harness schematic.
muquatina
Please Continue...

Post by muquatina »

OK thanks.
If i would to do as the user, how can i do?
where do i find the J connectors?
muquatina
Please Continue...

Post by muquatina »

mRCaESaR wrote: July 20th, 2021, 2:52 pm Yeah definitely 2nd the recommendation of using arthrimus' board.

My way was simply because I didn't have any existing taito wiring. Arthrimus' board makes it a very simple, zero fuss process.

But if you wanted to go down the 20 pin header, if you're in the US reach out go lemony Vengeance who I believe have this in stock.

If you choose to make them, then it's just a matter of finding the brook ufb schematic and line it up with the Taito J harness schematic.
please mRCaESaR but i don't understand how it's working and how is the right cabling.
can you help me?
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Digikey, mouser or rs components are where I normally get my stuff from

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Ve ... el_Cabling

That link has the part numbers for the jst connectors you require.
muquatina
Please Continue...

Post by muquatina »

mRCaESaR wrote: July 20th, 2021, 3:13 pm Digikey, mouser or rs components are where I normally get my stuff from

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Ve ... el_Cabling

That link has the part numbers for the jst connectors you require.
ok thanks.
I will try on rs components. can you give me an idea of ​​what to look for? and in which section to do it?
i have no idea what to look for (i don't know the correct name of that J connector)
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

You just need to match the corresponding button on the brook to the location on the jst connector ie. Up goes to up, down to down, square to B1, triangle to B2, r1 to b3 etc..
muquatina
Please Continue...

Post by muquatina »

Edit ok...i've found the type of connector:

JST YLR-15V

Last question.
If i buy a panel like this, https://www.ebay.it/itm/174396711486?ha ... SwfJxgymN9
where can i find graphic next?
The hole for panel are standard?
Thank you very much at all
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

I purchased mine through noodleshirt.com. However, I gave him my measurements, I'm not 100% sure the repros are "standard" with artwork, they may vary here and there.

You can reach out to efighters (raf) https://www.facebook.com/efightersoficial/ or https://www.instagram.com/efightersoficial/?hl=en to purchase arguably one of the best Vewlix repros out there.

I believe Alberto has also started doing Vewlix repros (https://www.flickr.com/photos/alberto12 ... 453554712/). Alberto is pretty much the gold standard for repros - it's just his Vewlix ones have only been recent.
muquatina
Please Continue...

Post by muquatina »

mRCaESaR wrote: July 21st, 2021, 12:24 am I purchased mine through noodleshirt.com. However, I gave him my measurements, I'm not 100% sure the repros are "standard" with artwork, they may vary here and there.

You can reach out to efighters (raf) https://www.facebook.com/efightersoficial/ or https://www.instagram.com/efightersoficial/?hl=en to purchase arguably one of the best Vewlix repros out there.

I believe Alberto has also started doing Vewlix repros (https://www.flickr.com/photos/alberto12 ... 453554712/). Alberto is pretty much the gold standard for repros - it's just his Vewlix ones have only been recent.
thank you very much.
how do you think i can contact alberto?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Ploppers
Please Continue...
eBay: ploppers

Post by Ploppers »

Hey all,

Posted this on a few sites, but then remembered mr_Caesar and this was the thread I was reading all about the Chewlix's! So i'll probably update this thread more/most/only :)

I've just ordered a Chewlix from POTech on Alibaba, the contact "Winnie Lee" was awesome, got door to door shipping to my place in Australia, with a wooden crate. Includes Upgrades to all Sanwa parts, a 1440p Samsung Monitor and I didn't want the Pandora's Box so that price was subtracted :D

Total was $1220USD (~1760AUD).

I know its going to come Jamma wired, but I'm probably strip most of the wiring, electronics out of it (swap the JLF's for Seimitsu LS32's) and rewire it to be a PC Cab (Haven't been a console person since the DC) as I have my Astro City for Jamma, everything else is fine for emulation/Steam/GOG on PC on the Chewie. Have ordered all the parts for the PC;

- SILVERSTONE SUGO SG13
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan
- Intel i5 10600KF (Yep a 10600KF with a H510 mobo, reason being, the 10400F is only 2.9/4.3 Ghz, the 10600KF is 4.1/4.8 Ghz. And the price diff at the time of purchase was only ~$20 USD)
- NZXT Kraken M22 Liquid CPU Cooler
- 16gb ddr4 (Dual channel kit)
- Mini-ITX board w/ Wifi 6+BT5.0
- EVGA SuperNOVA GA 650W Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold, Fully Modular
- 240gb NvME Boot M.2
- 2TB Crucial MX500 Sata SSD

Should be good for AAA Fighting games for the next few years, and even so, I can just replace the GPU)

My new Chewlix before it was all boxed up! (Click for Bigger):
ImageImageImage

My current setup (Click for Bigger):

If the chewlix is decent, I'm definately ordering another 2 (in Red), with 1P panels for Head to Head like you have mr_Caesar! (NFI Where i'm gonna put them haha)
B-boppin' and Ploppin', Jackin' and Whackin', Windmill Providin' ...
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Mate you'll definitely be ordering another two as they're awesome! :)

Congrats on the purchase.

Check your fb inbox too :)
Ploppers
Please Continue...
eBay: ploppers

Post by Ploppers »

mRCaESaR wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:38 am Mate you'll definitely be ordering another two as they're awesome! :)

Congrats on the purchase.

Check your fb inbox too :)
Thanks man :D

Wow, you little internet detective :D
B-boppin' and Ploppin', Jackin' and Whackin', Windmill Providin' ...