Question mix, rusty panel, scratched bezel and frame...

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Question mix, rusty panel, scratched bezel and frame...

Post by zumbito »

I have a couple of question but don't want to flood the forum so gathering all in one post:

1 I have a Capcom control panel with the two connectors for the Dreamcast pads, problem is the art has been ripped off. I want to restore it, but haven't been able to find NOS or repro of the art. Does anyone know where to find it?

2 My blast has a used CPO but the CP itself is all rusty to the point the metal is disappearing. Has anyone tried to rip the art off, and stick it to a new panel? Should I try to strip de oxide and apply some kind of product to complete the plate?

3 I have this nasty bezel and frame scratches, that I am not sure how to procede with. I thought the bezel where completely black but this scratches are deep and show white underneath. Any idea how to solve this?

Ironic that white frame scratches in black and black bezel does in white...

4 I have cleaned the cab, and the frame came out pretty clean just with water and soap, but the decals are another story, I have attacked them with soap, magic cleaner and degreaser, but they remain yellow as f***k. Any product I am missing? Or is this something I have to live with...

5 I have bunch of 5575 locks that do not move. Has anyone disassembled one? Is it possible? Solved
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Re: Question mix, rusty panel, scratched bezel and frame...

Post by GeekMan1222 »

That blast label looks like its done for. Something in the plastic looks to have gone bad or reacted with it badly at somepoint, maybe tar from smoke or sun damage.

As far as the CP's i think there might be some folks around her that can supply labels to be made by a shop locally to you, and the blast cp is done for you could try to reduce the damages but they have already been done, its probably best to keep an eye out for a replacement. ;)
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

GeekMan1222 wrote:That blast label looks like its done for. Something in the plastic looks to have gone bad or reacted with it badly at somepoint, maybe tar from smoke or sun damage.

As far as the CP's i think there might be some folks around her that can supply labels to be made by a shop locally to you, and the blast cp is done for you could try to reduce the damages but they have already been done, its probably best to keep an eye out for a replacement. ;)
Thanks! I have spare panels that I had made, will try to save the art, even though it is a bit scratches, it's still the original. If anyone has the art for the capcom one that would be great.
denson
eBay: chubba100

Post by denson »

Try contacting muddymusic, he may be able to help with the cp overlays.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

denson wrote:Try contacting muddymusic, he may be able to help with the cp overlays.
Found it in an old thread! :awe:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

I'd be inclined to put them in the tip :shifty:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

crunchywasp wrote:I'd be inclined to put them in the tip :shifty:
I, on the other hand, would pay money for them. I would scan what's left of the Capcom panel, remove both overlays and sandblast the panels.

Even though you can remove the overlay perfectly intact if you're careful, I don't think reapplying it is going to look good. Better to grab a repro one.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

crunchywasp wrote:I'd be inclined to put them in the tip :shifty:
I want to keep the Capcom one, it not that common and can use it with powerstone.