Blast City Coin Mech Help

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
JAG555
Please Continue...
eBay: Fishcoral

Blast City Coin Mech Help

Post by JAG555 »

Hello,

I have recently picked my second Blast City. I ve been doing some cleaning to get it all in good shape.

However, I am having issues with the coin mech. I assumed it takes 100 yen coins (like my other Blast), but the 100 yen coin just gets stuck (like it is not heavy enough) and doesn't coin up or get rejected. If I move a part of the mech with my finger, then I can get it to Coin up, but sometimes it also just requests the coin.

Has anyone got some experience with coin mechs? Any ideas why this is not working correctly?

Happy to take some photos, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Re: Blast City Coin Mech Help

Post by LegoYoda »

Have you checked inside the mech for a sticker telling you what Type? My Blast has the "100 Yen" sticker on the cab but the coin mech was a "1 Hong Kong Dollar" trype mechanism. Even then it needed a good dose of WD40 on all the joints and then a bit of bike teflon lube before it would reliably accept coins as they got stuck half way down (by the weighted thing). There was an Ident sticker ont he side of the mechanism that specified the coin type.

I did this: https://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/ ... coin-mech/
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/
JAG555
Please Continue...

Post by JAG555 »

Here are the photos of the coin mech and where the 100 yen coin gets stuck.

If I move the round cog clockwise, the coin drops down and it coins up. However, I need a fair amount of force to move this coin around. I also noticed, that this is a different coin mech than my other Blast City, which is plastic.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

JAG555
Please Continue...

Post by JAG555 »

I gave it a good clean and lube, but it still wouldn't accept the 100 yen coin.

I assume mine is also another coin, but no idea which one. I guess I will start with a Hong Kong 1 dollar coin.

Do you know if they can be adjusted to accept different coins or do you need the cog replaced.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

They can be adjusted, but i think only slightly. The process is in the wiki. I got my mech from yen to 20 cents but couldn't make it work for 50 (euro).
arcadista
Initials: AIL

Post by arcadista »

You could also remove that weight measuring step.
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Post by LegoYoda »

I had to totally disassemble mine and clean away gunk and rust and then lubricate that weight area where your's are getting stuck. I then adjusted the top screw a little to get it to accept UK 2p coins (VERY similar to 1HKD). it honestly looks like it's almost there....
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/
JAG555
Please Continue...

Post by JAG555 »

LegoYoda wrote:I had to totally disassemble mine and clean away gunk and rust and then lubricate that weight area where your's are getting stuck. I then adjusted the top screw a little to get it to accept UK 2p coins (VERY similar to 1HKD). it honestly looks like it's almost there....
Many Thanks, I will give that a whirl!
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

LegoYoda wrote:Have you checked inside the mech for a sticker telling you what Type? My Blast has the "100 Yen" sticker on the cab but the coin mech was a "1 Hong Kong Dollar" trype mechanism. Even then it needed a good dose of WD40 on all the joints and then a bit of bike teflon lube before it would reliably accept coins as they got stuck half way down (by the weighted thing). There was an Ident sticker ont he side of the mechanism that specified the coin type.

The user manual advises against oiling the joints and the link provided is a good start but incomplete! See the wiki here for complete adjustment instructions.

£0.02
JAG555
Please Continue...

Post by JAG555 »

AeroCityMayor wrote:
LegoYoda wrote:Have you checked inside the mech for a sticker telling you what Type? My Blast has the "100 Yen" sticker on the cab but the coin mech was a "1 Hong Kong Dollar" trype mechanism. Even then it needed a good dose of WD40 on all the joints and then a bit of bike teflon lube before it would reliably accept coins as they got stuck half way down (by the weighted thing). There was an Ident sticker ont he side of the mechanism that specified the coin type.

The user manual advises against oiling the joints and the link provided is a good start but incomplete! See the wiki here for complete adjustment instructions.

£0.02
Thanks for the info. Do you have the wiki link?

I was adjusting it for 20p and it kind of half worked, but it is not reliable enough!
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Here ya go:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/AD-81P_Coin_Acceptor

If you want, I'll fix it for you. It'll only cost you shipping. PM if you want me to do it.

It only takes a few seconds.

Cheers,

Ralph.