Sega Naomi Universal / Net City Experts

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
whitecomet
Initials: DNA

Sega Naomi Universal / Net City Experts

Post by whitecomet »

So having owned a couple of these in the past and a few conversations can anyone help. Now with most Sega cabinets the Japanese to EURO cabinets have some differences.

I know of a couple of difference but unsure if they are Japanese/EURO specific or if they were released all over but at different stages. Can anyone help categorise these and any supporting pictures?
Also was there a difference in a NET CITY to a NEW NET CITY?

BASE UNIT
I know of 2 maybe 3 styles of these.
There is one that has a horizontal and vertical ridge. Not sure revision or NU/NC.

NAOMI REAR MONITOR COVER [NOA-1200]
I have seen two versions of these. One was a lighter grey of plastic. And the other seemed more black and rounded corners. Was this a revision change or did one come with a NU and the other on a NC?

Rear Base Cover
There are two of these which I assume are for the quiz/money games (i.e. Club Kart Prize).
denson
eBay: chubba100

Re: Sega Naomi Universal / Net City Experts

Post by denson »

The rear back cover is also different on a Naomi uni (UK version at least) to a Japanese NNC. It has screw fixings from the top, so lays differently on the base (at the back side of the machine...if that makes sense)

the stepped base in the pic you posted was present on some UK Naomis, and as far as I've seen all Japanese machines, with the UK machine changing to the flatter sided base at some point.