4 button games on blast city?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
tzakiel

4 button games on blast city?

Post by tzakiel »

My Blast has 6 physical buttons per player but is wired up for buttons 1-3 only. If I get a board that uses 4 buttons like espgaluda 2 or DDP daifukkatsu, how am I supposed to use the 4th button? Do I need a kick harness or will those boards even support that?
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Re: 4 button games on blast city?

Post by DaveyD »

The 4th button will be through the edge connector (like with neo geo). You will need to add an extra pair of wires for button 4 under your control panel that connect back to the correct place in the wiring loom plug
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Hmm. Ok. Any info on that as far as where and how to connect it to the plug?
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

I just made myself a 5 button loom.

Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

You can usually add the fourth button manually to the existing loom. Kick is only for boards that use a special plug for extra buttons (like Capcom fighters)

Lowest row, opposite of the ground wire that's already connected to every other wired button.
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Ok. Cool. Um, so how do I get a wire attached to that spot in the loom connector? Sorry, just new to this stuff.

That's the connector just above the cp in the front of the machine right? What about where that connector goes down into the cab in the back, does that also need a second new wire installed somehow to connect pin 9 in the back of the connector down to the Jamma interface?
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

It needs that yes, but I think it's safe to assume that is already connected. I'm pretty sure it comes standard in any Sega Candy
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Thanks. SoO think I know what I need to do, the only part I don't know is what kind of terminal does the wire need to plug into the harness? I assume I need to crimp something on the wire to get it into the harness. On the button end I know what to do.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

You need amp-up pins. The plug is male, the pin inside the male plug is female :)

These for example will do: Female contact for male AMP UP connectors
Must be some shops in the US that sell these, others may chime in.. i've never bought from USA.

Best to have 2 wires on the button contact, one goes to the main P1 connector the other one is for kick.. :)

I used red & blue. red is P1 shot 4. Blue is P2 shot 4. the extra connector on the right has these connected as well.

So, there is two red wires from P1 Shot 4. And blue wires from P2 shot 4. (P2 side not pictured here..)
I took GND (white) from a wire jammed into the connector :) see:

Note that shot 5 and 6 are not wired up, i did not have the need for that yet. (I'm lazy like that.)
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Thanks Asure, that was super helpful. It's the female pin I wasn't sure about. Makes sense now I think. Looks like akishop carries them.