NVS-4000 Help

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
megalomaniac
Please Continue...
eBay: drmegalomaniac

NVS-4000 Help

Post by megalomaniac »

I've managed to get hold of an NVS-4000 for my NAC, but alas it's missing a few bits. Nothing major (I hope) but I could do with a little advice on getting it ship shape.
  • It's missing the bit of wood that usually sits on the bottom (http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:NVS4000.jpg) could someone let me know the dimensions of it please? Getting something cut to size should be easy enough. I imagine it's usually just chipboard or something? Not that it particularly matters what it is I suppose.
  • It's also missing the cables for connecting to a NAC (these I think http://petes-emulation.com/ftp/acm/pics ... _pic01.jpg?). I'm going to have a crack at making them up (unless someone has them for sale?), but does anyone have the exact connector types, pinouts etc. and maybe some good piccys of them I could take a gander at?
"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now!"
Twitter | Blog
Stompp
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Re: NVS-4000 Help

Post by Stompp »

The board is 150 mm x 440 mm x 12 mm. The plugs are AMP UP. You can find the exact pinouts in the manual IIRC. I've got some pics here and here's one of the front and the pinout (sorry for the back light).

Let me know if you need some more assist :awe:

Image Image
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Why would you need the wooden board? I actually threw it out and screwed the PSU to the bottom of the cab.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

hooo at least you have an NV4000 I had to hack my New Astro City's power supply up to a Happ supply because it crapped out, I tried everything to fix it but it may be a specific IC that is not made anymore bleh
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
megalomaniac
Please Continue...

Post by megalomaniac »

Stompp wrote:The board is 150 mm x 440 mm x 12 mm. The plugs are AMP UP. You can find the exact pinouts in the manual IIRC. I've got some pics here and here's one of the front and the pinout (sorry for the back light).

Let me know if you need some more assist :awe:

Image Image
Thanks! :awe: Looks interesting. I'll take a good look at that when I get chance, but it looks like it will be really helpful. :D
Sp33dFr34k wrote:Why would you need the wooden board? I actually threw it out and screwed the PSU to the bottom of the cab.
I've not had chance to take a proper look, but assume it's to line up with the existing holes in the cab? There's also this loose in the NVS-4000 I've got:
which will need to be screwed onto something. I assume that usually screws into the wood?
"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now!"
Twitter | Blog
Stompp
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

megalomaniac wrote:which will need to be screwed onto something. I assume that usually screws into the wood?
Yup, I can get you a picture of the inside if you want/need.
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Correct, the amp screws into the wooden board, however the wooden board does not screw into your cab. That's why I threw it out and made some new holes in the PSU so it does line up with the holes in the cab.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

megalomaniac wrote:There's also this loose in the NVS-4000 I've got:
That's a transformer. I would guess the input is 100 VAC. Break out the multimeter if you want out to find what comes out of it.
megalomaniac
Please Continue...

Post by megalomaniac »

Stompp wrote:Yup, I can get you a picture of the inside if you want/need.
Yes please, that would be very useful. :D Think I'm going to give it a good clean like you did on yours.
Sp33dFr34k wrote:Correct, the amp screws into the wooden board, however the wooden board does not screw into your cab. That's why I threw it out and made some new holes in the PSU so it does line up with the holes in the cab.
Oh. I just assumed the wood was there to fit it to the standard holes. So I guess normally it just sits there unattached?
nem wrote:That's a transformer. I would guess the input is 100 VAC. Break out the multimeter if you want out to find what comes out of it.
Is that not a standard part in the NVS-4000 then? :eh:
Twitter | Blog
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I don't have a NVS-4000. If it's connected to something, I'm sure it's supposed to be there.