Few random question about a Blast City

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
XeD
Please Continue...
eBay: Blood_pack
Initials: HVD

Few random question about a Blast City

Post by XeD »

1. Can you do a tv tube swap on a ms2930? One of my BC has a necked tube from previous owner.
2. Do people mame a BC with a LCD? (because of #1) if so is there and example?
3. How easy is it to break in to the BC coin box? how would one install a lockbar on the fiberglass body?
4. What do you think is a fair price on a BC with no monitor or chassis (keeping it as a spare) 2l12 AC cp and Harness with a jamma loom?

Thanks all
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Re: Few random question about a Blast City

Post by Sumez »

XeD wrote: 3. How easy is it to break in to the BC coin box? how would one install a lockbar on the fiberglass body?
I know this doesn't really answer your question (though I'm sure it would take a long time to get anywhere without power tools), but if you're worried about people breaking into your cab, you shouldn't be so worried about whether they'll succeed (seriously, how much would they even be able to get away with?) but rather that they try in the first place. Make a habit out of emptying your coin boxes when you lock down your location, and leave the coin doors open so anyone can see there is nothing there!
XeD
Please Continue...

Post by XeD »

Where I'm planning up putting the cab is a un man area but high traffic. My friend pull out his cabs (pins are still there) because the cab got broken into. He was making 250.00 on a SF2 and I will be putting in ST or 3rd strike. I never seen lock bar on a candy and was wondering if that was an option with a fiberglass body.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

XeD wrote:Where I'm planning up putting the cab is a un man area but high traffic. My friend pull out his cabs (pins are still there) because the cab got broken into. He was making 250.00 on a SF2 and I will be putting in ST or 3rd strike. I never seen lock bar on a candy and was wondering if that was an option with a fiberglass body.
Of course it is an option. You just need to put a steel plate for reinforcement on the inside, so you're sandwiching the fiberglass between steel.

I can't remember if the Blast coin box has just the one cam holding the door closed or if it's like the Net City and it also has the two vertically sliding bars. If it is just the one cam, you pry open the door with a long screwdriver.
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Blast's have the vertical sliding bars.
XeD
Please Continue...

Post by XeD »

phillv85 wrote:Blast's have the vertical sliding bars.
Ah. I was wondering what that cutout was for.
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Just to point out, and you may not be saying you will do this, but you can't run a MAME cab for $. Legal issues ahoy! Just pointing it out since you mentioned MAME and then a high traffic area and making 250.00 If you meant you will put a legit licensed SFIII in there more power to you, I suppose!
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

Well, you can't run it for your own personal use either, but that's not gonna stop people, is it :\
XeD
Please Continue...

Post by XeD »

tzakiel wrote:Just to point out, and you may not be saying you will do this, but you can't run a MAME cab for $. Legal issues ahoy! Just pointing it out since you mentioned MAME and then a high traffic area and making 250.00 If you meant you will put a legit licensed SFIII in there more power to you, I suppose!
Those question was for for a few different project I'm working on.

- The mame was for the one with a neck tube and to flip to a mamer. I don't think any collector would want a LCD in a BC anyway. I will just be putting a LCD and they can do what they want.
- The one going on location will be using the superbios or a og Japanese cart. I will be putting 3rd Strike under my op friend license as he does not have any candy and need more games on location.

This of course won't happen until I get these 10 BC cleaned up and running
dgame
Please Continue...

Post by dgame »

This is the lock system for Bass Fishing. Secures coin box and service door. Supports the control panel. Cabinet and doors have several holes drilled though.
blast6.jpg
#photo*ucket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.