Sega Type 2 Gun setup issues

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
classiccor83
eBay: luckiestdcalive
Initials: COR

Sega Type 2 Gun setup issues

Post by classiccor83 »

Hello,

After finally being able to pick up a gun bezel for the Naomi UR I have tried to get it all up and running over the weekend.
On the initial setup and powering up the system it would not power up and a funny buzzing/humming sound was coming from the sub-woofer & no LED's lit up, so disconnected just the LED array and it all powered up fine. Then went on to check the wiring as per the wiring diagrams from the Confidential Mission service manual, and noticed my cables had the power going from top to bottom on the loop which according to the manual was incorrect. So tried to make my cables mimic the wiring diagram, but still no luck. This time the buzzing/humming returned but I had a number of LED's light up this time...so progress...I think :wtf:
Here are some pics of my setup, If anyone can point me in the right direction It would be greatly appreciated.
20160808_191312 - small.jpg
20160808_221604 - small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
classiccor83
eBay: luckiestdcalive
Initials: COR

Re: Sega Type 2 Gun setup issues

Post by classiccor83 »

A close up of the top of the LED array:
20160808_221617 - small.jpg
Close up of the bottom of the LED array:
20160808_221610 - small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.