HSS-0130/Astro City body repair

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
coderkind
Please Continue...
eBay: coderkind

HSS-0130/Astro City body repair

Post by coderkind »

Hi all,

I've recently got a HSS-0130 and am in the market somewhere down the road to get an Astro City cab. The HSS-0130 has got some scratches and dinges in it and I'd like to see if I can repair them, but have no idea how to go about this.

Can anyone recommend any products or give any advice? Should I buy some of this for example? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Novus-acrylic- ... B005FVNBFU

Before applying I should gently sandpaper a bit? You can tell I'm totally in-the-dark here, so please help! :oops:

Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Re: HSS-0130/Astro City body repair

Post by Paulie »

Novus is great, you can achieve fantastic results with it when used correctly. I also like Flash magic sponges, lighter fluid, T-Cut, Stellar stainless steel polish as well as a few other plastic and metal polishes.

Just be realistic with your expectations, remember polishes work by removing small amounts material, so light scratches can be polished out relativity easily. If you need to add material to fill deeper scratches and dings etc then it's much harder, one method I've used is to tint epoxy which gave excellent results.
coderkind
Please Continue...
eBay: coderkind

Re: HSS-0130/Astro City body repair

Post by coderkind »

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to reply Paulie; not sure exactly what some of those would/should do (lighter fluid?), but there's a potential shopping list and things to investigate for sure :)