Egret Panel CAD File

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
TechnoFreek
eBay: technofreek1
Initials: OPM

Egret Panel CAD File

Post by TechnoFreek »

Would anyone have a cad file or similar for the egret 3 2L12B panel that they wouldn't mind sharing?
Dimensions must be bang on very very close to the original.

Looking for fabrication purposes.
Thanks

Last edited by TechnoFreek on June 5th, 2016, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TechnoFreek

Re: Egret Panel CAD File

Post by TechnoFreek »

No-one?

I've been scouring forums and sites and haven't got a whiff of egret panel dimension files. Seems insane given the Sega ones are on this very forum!

Anyone care to get out their panel and a ruler for me? :D :lolno:
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Sadly, people who have put time into creating something like this doesn't want competition. Are you saying you would share the file if you have to make it yourself?
TechnoFreek

Post by TechnoFreek »

emphatic wrote:Sadly, people who have put time into creating something like this doesn't want competition. Are you saying you would share the file if you have to make it yourself?
True! Hoping against hope!
TechnoFreek

Post by TechnoFreek »

Just by way of context, the reason I'm looking for such a file is because I'm planning an accurate as possible reproduction of panel and overlay to match the prototype atomiswave two player that has been spotted in a handful of photos.

I have a fabricator, graphic artist and print shop but no base file of measurements for anyone to work from!

I was hoping to get my hands on 2l12b and 2l8b layout files.

Anyway, if anyone thought they might be able to help in some way like with taking a trace of their own panel it would be much appreciated.

codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

only took me like 2 hours to make one with opensource cad tool. It's been laser cut and is an 99% exact match with the original. I'm debating whether or not to post on the wiki...

creating quality vector graphics will take time. or money if you pay an artist. you are willing to share them on the wiki once complete ?
TechnoFreek

Post by TechnoFreek »

Hey crank. To be perfectly honest I hadn't given any thought yet about sharing overlay vector to the wiki.

I have a gfx artist lined up and he is confident that he can recycle the existing, not so accurate 2 player overlay that's on the wiki and make it look like the one player, accepting there will have to be a bit of interpretation as there is no clear view of the atomiswave two player prototype panel .

So at this stage I can't say what sort of quality vector I'll get at the end of the process but I'm open to coming to an arrangement.
Last edited by TechnoFreek on June 15th, 2016, 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
bagheera369

Post by bagheera369 »

I know that I could really use just 3 blank panels, with only the carriage bolts cut. I have an atomiswave, but want to put on some custom art, etc.

I would gladly trace or scan my single player w cardreader panel if that helps. :cry:

If anybody does jump on making some panels, please count me in for some blanks. No art, no buttons drilled, just bare metal with carriage bolt holes. Please.
TechnoFreek

Post by TechnoFreek »

Hey badger, a trace of a 2l12b panel would be ideal!

There is a one player scan on the wiki already but my gfx artist reckons it needs too much work to clean up. Easier to work with the two player file on the wiki.