Astro City 2 close up pics

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
mrjamma
Astro City 2 close up pics

Post by mrjamma »

Hey guys

I recently acquired an Astro City 2.

Appears to have had the speaker surround repainted due to yellowing, however all the original style bolts were replaced with generic stuff.

These dont appear to be as common as the normal Astro/New Astro

Just had a few things was hoping to get help on

1) I was hoping to get some close up pics of the speaker area front/side angles, as I wish to put something as close as original back in, in terms of security bolts/screws/colour style etc.

I saw a restoration thread from @akuma , but all the pics are dead links unfortunately.

2) There appears to be 3 factory bolt holes on top of the cabinet (birds eye view) with no bolts in them - at first I thought they might be for a marquee, however the rear of the machine has holes for a marquee holder - so not sure what the top bolt holes are for - anyone have one of these machines that could check for me (maybe open the top-back panel to see). If bolts are there, what do they bolt to? What style of bolts - photo would be appreciated.

3) Finally - I have only found a 'new' astro city manual online. Anyone have a PDF of an 'Astro city 2' manual? I had a look at the speakers in my machine, and the pink wires are going to the negative terminal on the speakers, and the grey wires are going to the positive terminal on the speakers. I would have thought its the other way around, based on information I found online. I know its still mono in this model, unlike the 'new' astro, but just want to go over the machine in full.
Loki
eBay: gediegener
Initials: LOK

Re: Astro City 2 close up pics

Post by Loki »

Hey mrjamma,

i have also picked up an Astro2 few weeks ago. I Just have completely striped down the CAB for cleaning and some restauration. The CAB is totaly spreaded into single parts at the moment.
All of my parts seems to be orig. so i might help be able to clarify some questions.

I have made few pictures for documentation cause i am planing to share all information within a restauration thread in near future. But due to the upcoming christmas days this might available earliest in end of january. I can send some pictures to you to answer some questions previously.

As i understood the manual of the Astro2 is identical to the previous CAB version even if there are some differences according the mounting and the speakers. It would be nice if anybody can confirm :wtf:

The pink wires of the speakers are going to the negative terminal as you have expected. So it seems there are some differences to your wiring.
mrjamma
Re: Astro City 2 close up pics

Post by mrjamma »

hi Loki

If you could please post up pics of the speaker area, and top of the cabinet. I have three screw holes/threads on top of the cabinet - no idea what theyre for?

Also, the speaker surround plastic - should have 6 mounting screws - 3 front, and 3 top/rear - i dont know what the top/rear bolts to? doesnt seem to line up with the holes on the top of the cabinet