Cyber Lead, River Service JAMMA2JVS, and Street Fighter 2 (and Gals Panic 2/JAMMA in general)

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...
eBay: a-murder-of-crows
Initials: RVN

Re: Cyber Lead, River Service JAMMA2JVS, and Street Fighter 2 (and Gals Panic 2/JAMMA in general)

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

invzim wrote: Not at all I'm afraid - JVS does not supply power on any pins like USB. You have a sense line which is pulled high by a pull-up resistor (often internal to the controller chip) until the slaves are initialized - then it is dropped to 0, this merely a signal and not intended to drive anything the way USB does.
Interesting and very good to know.

Should also mention that whenever the usb-like port is plugged in on that river service card, the red LED on the card dims significantly.
majors

Re: Cyber Lead, River Service JAMMA2JVS, and Street Fighter 2 (and Gals Panic 2/JAMMA in general)

Post by majors »

Are you running the pair of Cyberleads H2H? Or do you have 2P CP's on both?

Like others have said, run the USB cord directly from the RiverService thing to the JVS I/O under one CP for testing(skipping the hub in the rear, I think someone called it a "NTSC board"). If the RS JAMMA convertor does not play will with daisy chaining, that sucks. When I got my Cyberleads, one I/O died so I ran the 2P wiring all the way to the 1P side(H2H setup) as a work around. I used a DVI cable and just spliced **** together, it was not pretty but worked until I got a replacement I/O.
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

i tried plugging the cable in directly, bypassing the back board. no joy. i truly think it is the river service board that has the problem.
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

Flash forward 2 weeks. Managed to get a hold of a Namco JV Conv PCB.

so, immediately, with just the usb style connection plugged in, i have controls. Sticks on both sides plus all punches work, as does both starts.

Kicks? yeah, that's another story entirely. When plugged in to the JV Conv board, suddenly the 1st player stick is triggered left all the time. 1p Short kick triggers a punch or something. 1p Forward kick is 1p start. 1p Roundhouse goes into test mode. 2p Forward kick adds a credit. seriously, wtf??

so i can only assume that i need some sort of wiring adapter to from the Cyber Lead's kicks to the proper I/O for SF2?

Man, i don't know how you guys do it. I've owned the cabs for 2 months, have had them in my place about 3 weeks, and so far the only game that works 100% isn't even mine.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

SF2 requires a kick harness connected to the C board. At the very least you will need an adapter or the kick harness connected directly to your kick buttons.
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

Rossyra wrote:SF2 requires a kick harness connected to the C board. At the very least you will need an adapter or the kick harness connected directly to your kick buttons.
*nods* yep, that was what i had figured. only problem now is to see if such an adapter exists that will work with my existing I/O and SF2WW. I absolutely do not want to wire the harness directly to the kick buttons.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

The kick harness would connect to your JVS adapter, not your I/O. The white 10-pin header on the adapter is where you need to connect it.

If you're not able to make the adapter yourself, then maybe you could ask FrancoB to make you one for a fee.
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

that sounds like a great idea. I'll look him up.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Unfortunately I stopped offering a wiring service a while ago. I can probably help out with some part numbers etc though if that helps.
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

FrancoB wrote:Unfortunately I stopped offering a wiring service a while ago. I can probably help out with some part numbers etc though if that helps.
ugh, that's too bad.

I'm fairly certain i don't have the patience to make my own, so the best likely help at this point is directing me to either a ready-made part or another person i can pay to make the wires as needed.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide, FrancoB
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

I don't think you can buy them ready made and I don't really know of anyone else offering a service, I can give you some information on the parts though.

I've not seen a Riverservice adapter in the flesh but it looks to use a 8pin JST XH connector. You can buy 8pin JST XH connectors on ebay with wiring attached on ebay or you can buy the pins/housings elsewhere. The pinout is printed on the board

The other end needs to terminate in a 10pin JST NH connector to fit the CPS1 board. The part number for that is H10P-SHF-AA and the pins required are SHF-001T-0.8BS. The pinout for that is as follows:

1) GND
2) GND
3) P1B4
4) P1B5
5) P1B6
6) N/C
7) P2B4
8) P2B5
9) P2B6
10) N/C
majors

Post by majors »

FrancoB wrote:... I don't really know of anyone else offering a service
I was hoping Lemony Vengeance might be able to help...even if just sourcing connectors at a cheap price.

I'm with Crows on this, I could use two CPS2/3->that-10pin-header-thing on the Namco JVS/JAMMA board. I'd hate to hack off perfectly fine QDT ends on a $20+ CPS2 kick harness. I'm sure I can find some random connects to work with the 10pin header but IDE cables for the CPS2 part is for the birds (I made two, both starting failing due to stress on the wires)
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

It's a 10-pin berg on the Namco adapter.
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

anyone got a source of a person to make said cable?