need some help on NAOMI Universal

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
twistedsymphony
eBay: twistedsymphony
Initials: CHU

need some help on NAOMI Universal

Post by twistedsymphony »

So I'm expecting delivery of a Lupin the typing machine next week which looks like this:

I've had arcade machines delivered to my house before but I just found out that the town wont let large trucks down my road due to potential road damage because of the melting snow in my area.

This means that I might have to take delivery a half mile away at a location that the truck can safely drive on. I don't have a pickup but I do have a station wagon so I need to figure out if I can transport this thing in my car or if I'll have to find someone with a pickup that I can borrow.

I did some searching but had some trouble finding out the answers so maybe someone can help me.
My questions are as follows:
How tall is the standing/upright version of the NAOMI universal without the marquee/topper?
What tools will I need to remove the marquee/topper section? as I will probably need to remove this to make it fit.
What tools will I need to remove the control panel section? I might need to remove this to make it fit.
Is it possible to remove the control panel section without a key? I don't know if it will be coming with all the necessary keys.

Also is it safe to transport these cabs on their back? I don't think I've ever had to move a cab without a flat back before.

Any help would be appreciated because it's hard to know how to prepare for delivery without knowing these things. Thanks :D
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Re: need some help on NAOMI Universal

Post by thomj »

Search is your friend ;)

There are some other guides etc on here but

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... to#p225980"

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... +to#p18729"

(sega naomi link in there is dead but there are step by step dismantling instructions lower down.

In short:

You can strip the cab down entirely. First time it will probably take you an hour, after a few goes you can do it in about 20 mins. By far the easiest way to get it in a car.

you will need security torx bits.
twistedsymphony
eBay: twistedsymphony
Initials: CHU

Post by twistedsymphony »

thanks for the links.. that's quite helpful :)
CraftyMech
Please Continue...

Post by CraftyMech »

All the metric hex & security bolts on the Naomi are kind of a pain. I'm replacing mine with their standard imperial counterparts so the unit is easier to break down with basic tools.

What are your plans for the cab? Swapping control panels out to a 2p 6 button setup, or keeping the typing game? I'd heard of those typing CP configurations, but had not seen a picture of one until now.