Weird problem with Xbox 360 in my cab

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
barmskii

Weird problem with Xbox 360 in my cab

Post by barmskii »

This is a bit of an odd one and you all know by now that i'm a total spanner when it comes to anything teccy so here goes....

I have a jp xbox 360 in my minicute hooked up to an LCD monitor. I got a hacked 360 pad done by laurie which has a JST connector and all the cables to attach to 9 buttons on the cab - the only buttons that aren't attached are the bumbers and triggers and the back button.

this has worked flawlessly on Raiden IV and Shiki 3, but when I downloaded the R-type dimensions demo the ship wouldn't stop firing even when no buttons were pressed. Wierd I thought, and assumed it might be a bit buggy.

But Oh noes :x I got DDP BL Extra yesterday and it does the same and more. when I move through menus all of a sudden the controls just stop responding so I just get stuck in the menu and the only way I can fix it is to unplug the controller lead from the 360 and plug it back in again. When the game loads and i start playing it just constantly fires no matter what buttons I push and even if i unplug it and plug it back in again it does the same. If i plug a wired controller in it works fine.

I have disabled vibration (as that isn't wired in to the pad hack) and unmapped any of the buttons that aren't connected in the options menu but it doesn't seem to help at all.

The contorls still work fine in the 360 front end and raiden and shiki.

The pad hack was done on a uk madcatz controller but I can't see how that would make a difference.

before I go and find a second hand official controller to wreck, does anybody have a clue why this might be happening??

Cheers
Paul
barmskii

Re: Weird problem with Xbox 360 in my cab

Post by barmskii »

Hmmmm

I've managed to fix part of the problem I think as it now seems to be ok in-gmae after I redid the autosave setting and then re-did the controller setup.

It still locks up on the firstmenu though and I have to either unplug the controller and plug it back in or press the guide button (which bizarrely does work) to unlock it.

I can live with that though.

Hope it doesn't do this with Ketsui :awe: