Blast City - possible convergence issue

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
alex2005
Please Continue...
Re: Blast City - possible convergence issue

Post by alex2005 »

I am alive!

Did the convergence work yesterday as planned.

First took off the monitor, with the cab laying down, three guys leaving it made this much easier :D
Had a chance to clean this part before going to the convergence itself:

Then for the convergence, first cleaned the tube really well. Then, played a bit with the adjustment knobs next to the VGA input (on the left side of the monitor, so that the test grid looked in good shape - did it at 640x480-).
For the strips, I was very careful, first removed the red part of the strip, so that once I find the correct position, I can stick it right away.
These strips are really sticky, once they touch the tube, with only a bit of pressure they will stick and it is a bit difficult to remove it with the monitor powered on if you have to. My advice would be dont stick unless you are 100% sure it is the right position, do it slowly, and it will save you the hassle of touching anything wrong trying to detach the strip later :)

I used 4 strips, one for each corner. The first one was the more difficult, but once you get used to how it works, the other three were much easier. Practice makes perfect, took less than an hour for the strips :)

Here you can see the results, it is not perfect but the image improved a lot really! I am very happy with how this turned out after applying the strips! The cab monitor feels as new now :D
I would recommend to do it if you have a severe convergence problem (or are very picky on image display). You will see in the pictures that the bottom corner still needs a bit of adjustment on the red colour, but I will leave it as it is now. I guess with more practice the convergence can be completely removed, just I was so happy on how it went, that I thought it was more than enough to leave it as it is.

See the pictures below, the monitor looks really good now :D

And this is how the tube looks now :D

grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

looks to be pretty good imo,well done
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Great work, nicely done :thumbup:
TechnoFreek
eBay: technofreek1
Initials: OPM

Post by TechnoFreek »

Fair play dude. I had to resort to stronger fridge magnet tape to correct the monitor in my Atomiswave