JVStrike Problem

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

Please help!! NAOMI JVS CP-Wiring and PC setup

Post by Shadolf »

Hey Guys,

I have my NAOMI Universal Cab (Triforce, Virtua Striker 4) since a few days and I´m going crazy about what to do with it.

I´d like to do a PC-Emulator setup at the first place. Later on I also like to have the possibility to connect my Dreamcast, Xbox360, Saturn and when i´m more into it, also using CPS2/3, Atomiswave, NAOMI 2 hardware.

Someone at another forum told me to use a JVS-PAC and let the JVS I/O in the cab.
Now my plan is like following, dismounting the Triforce/GD-Rom etc from the Cab, buy a JVS-PAC or JVStrike and connect it to the JVS I/O and the PC, buy new buttons and (digital) sticks and connect them to the JVS I/O.
The problem is, I can´t get the wires and plugs etc. that I need for the connection of the new contols and I can´t use the old, because the Sticks are analog. I´d like to have a 2L12B.

Has someone of you good suggestions what is the best for me to do or were I can buy those wires? I want to be as flexible as possible.

P.S.: I will use the cab in a vertical setup for Shmups mainly :-)
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Re: Please help!! NAOMI JVS CP-Wiring and PC setup

Post by Braintrash »

I'll be obliged to buy your analog sticks. :awe:
As for the cables, you buy them to the same shop you buy your digital stick and buttons.
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

You can get a players looms from giz10p.co.uk , or sometimes people sell used ones on the forums.

for 2L12B , you need two 1L3B looms and one extra button looms.
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

I think about selling you the Sticks, but maybe I will just sell the whole VS4 Kit.

When I use the player cables there are already in, I have already 6 buttons + Start for every player.
So I just need to place some digital sticks in and for these I need the wires.
Can I make my own wires with one 8-pin AMP UP plug?
The digital sticks will be connected to the female connectors at the bottom row of the JVS I/O?!
The analog sticks are currently plugged into the upper row (yellow female).
Is there any wiring diagram for the "Stick"-plug? Which pin is to which button?
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

AFAIK, these kind of connector need expensive tools, but I may be wrong. I have yet to try to do one myself.

As for the wiring diagram, you should be safe with this one:

codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

I'll take it that this is what you have

connectors and pins are cheap ( giz10p.co.uk ) , but you'll need an open barrel crimp tool
http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Packard-Fi ... B003MWJ6SA" this work good for 95% of arcade crimp connectors.

you're going to have to completely rewire your player harnesses. so you have 1 stick + 4 buttons + start per harness. you can have up to 5 suppose but i'm not sure what use those square buttons would be... the only way to have 6 buttons is you use the extra button loom, or I suppose wiring button 6 directly to the 60pin RA connector on the JVS io.

you're also going to have to build a 5pin wire harness for the the joysticks, digital sticks are wired with 5pin NH headers usually, terminate that harness in the 12pin amp connectors . see pic posted above.

when you buy seimitsu sticks they come with a short 5pin harness ( what too short ) . you'll want to use seimitsu since you're going to be flat mounting on the panel.
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/5_pin_joystick_pinout"
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

Hey Guys,

I have some trouble right now.
I´m connecting the button looms for player 1 and 2 right now.
But now I wanted to connect the exra button loom and I can´t find a AMP Type B 10pin Female on my board. Instead I have one AMP Type B 15pin Female on the right side, were the 10pin is on the pcture of "codecrack".
Can I simply plug my 10pin in that 15 pin female? Or will I damage something. Can someone post me som scematics/pictures like the one above with the conectors I have here in my cab, please?
What shoud I do?

@codecrank: Yeah, it looks like this on your foto. + after the bouth 12pin plugs, there comes even more.
It seems they connect those 3 extra square buttons per player to pin 1-4. The connections from the stick go bouth into on plug with 8 pins.

Thanks
Shadolf

JVStrike Problem

Post by Shadolf »

Hey,
has someone here experience with the JVStrike?
I connected it to my JVS I/O-Board and than to my PC.
Have Win7 and under devices and printers I can see the JVStrike (JVS-PAC is there to read!?) with an symbol of an keyboard.
Tested any input with MS Word and with MAME and got nothing. And I´ve seen that LED1 and LED2 on the JVS I/O shining red, is this any problem?
What I doin wrong? Please help.
Thanks
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: JVStrike Problem

Post by yosai »

The JVStrike is a JVS-PAC boot. I don't know about the boot but the original one has different firmware for PC, PS3 etc. Do you have the correct firmware?
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

Hi yosai,
I don´t know what firmware I have. How can I check this. Are there any instructions for the device?
Thanks
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

No idea, send them an email.

http://arcadeforge.net/Contact:_:7.html"
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

I understand it's too late now, but the JVS-PAC is flawless, cannot recommend invzim's work highly enough.
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

F..k, I´ve seen the JVS-PAC too late or it wasn´t awailable an so i bought the JVStrike.
It seems this one is BS.
When I connect it only to PC, LED1 lights Yellow, and I can see windows is recognizing the JVStrike as a keyboard, but I can´t get any input when I connect it to the JVS I/O and push some buttons.

EDIT: Now it works. I don´t know what was the problem. I plugged it to onother usb port at my pc.
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Sounds to me like you're doing it the hard way. Buy a replacement 2L12B panel with harnesses, plug it in, job done.
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

Spectre wrote:Sounds to me like you're doing it the hard way. Buy a replacement 2L12B panel with harnesses, plug it in, job done.
I agree... sell that panel and use the money to get a replacement.
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

Hey Guys,
maybe I haven´t made clear I have a new 2L12B CP. I will connect this, or mybe should I say I have this already connected to the JVS-I/O. The two standard player looms with 3 buttons each and the problem was with the extra button loom for the other buttons. This has a 10 pin male plug but there is no 10 pin female on the JVS-I/O, just a 15 pin female. I looked a bit at the wiring and so on and then I just pluged the 10 pin male on top off the 15 pin femal and it worked.

Now I have another problem. I connected mi JVS with an JVStrike to my PC and I played a lot of games with MAME, DEMUL and PCSX2. Nearly anything works fine, BUT....
I encountered some kind off input lag sometimes occuring at a game and sometimes even some buttons or directions at the stick doesn´t work anymore.
I sadly don´t remember the first game I detected this but I remeber the other one (In the Hunt, played in MAME). Here the problem comes everytime. I even changed the joysticks (SEIMITSU LS-58-01). Mostly at the beginning but also later. Sometimes just one direction doesn´t work, sometimes more directions, sometimes I simply goes away again, but sometimes I can´t even hit the start button to continue. I always have to turn off the game. What problem is this? The joysticks should be ok, cause I play hundred of other games with em. Just some games seem to have a problem, and only with MAME till now.

Do you think it could have something to do with the JVStrike or mybe the I/O? Please help someone, I´m working on this for hours/days now. I think you´ll agree, crazy controls aren´t acceptable.
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

Shadolf wrote:I connected mi JVS with an JVStrike ... Please help someone, I´m working on this for hours/days now. I think you´ll agree, crazy controls aren´t acceptable.
you bought a JVS-PAC bootleg... good luck getting help on that one, especially here.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

I didn't realise the JVS-PAC had been cloned and wondered what a JVStrike was. Lame :problem:

:(

It's a pity that his hand's been forced but there's a 30% discount on the JVS-PAC for disappointed JVStrike buyers:

http://jvspac.kirurg.org/?page=bootleg"

He's a member here:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/memberlist ... ofile&u=73"

You should request a refund for the JVStrike and buy the real thing :)
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

Yeah, sh.t, I´ve seen that before on jvspac.kirurg.org but the JVC-PAC wasn´t available and I really wanted to play at my new cab :cry:
I´ll definatly buy a JVC-PAC to. I´m soo sad aboud this. But still there is now new stock at this time :cry:
I can play with the JVStrike right now, but have problems with some games just stoping some buttons n switches from the sticks to work in the middle of the game (In the Hunt, played in MAME).
Can someone tell me if this problems also exist with a real JVS-PAC?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I've never had any stuck keys with any of the JVS-PACs I've had, they actually work better than a J-PAC or JammASD in that regard.