Astro MS8 relocate remote board possible?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
arcnl

Astro MS8 relocate remote board possible?

Post by arcnl »

I was doubting to put this in the monitor section or cab section; i settled on this

I have an Astro with MS8 that has the remote board fixed into the monitor frame. This means that to reach it you have to remove the upper "hood" of the cab when you want to access the controls which is a PITA. I tried relocating the remote board under the control panel, but the wires are too short to reach there.

Is there any solution available for this? Different remoteboard with longer cables or maybe just longer cables? I couldnt find any solution. Tips welcome? Thanks!!

copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Re: Astro MS8 relocate remote board possible?

Post by copados33 »

You'll need to build an extender cable for the adjustment board, either that or replace the monitor for a MS9.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

:( Guess i'd better go look for a replacement pcb/cable to work on. Unless someone wants to do the job for me i guess i have to give it a go myself. Thanks!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Cut and solder.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I'll try that, when i source a replacement to work on. IIRC the chassis won't work without the board connected and i dont want to end up with a non-working screen because i messed up :)