All about locks

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

All about locks

Post by Chempop »

I feel like there should be 1 thread covering all we need to know about locks, tangs, latches, keys etc for various cabs. Knowing about stock and replacement locks (and where to buy them) might be useful for those of us trying to get this sorted. What do you think, have I missed a topic like this somewhere else already?
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Re: All about locks

Post by phillv85 »

I think this could be very useful. Trying to hunt down the control panel latches for my Astro was a pain. It took a while before I even knew what I was looking for.
hungar

Post by hungar »

It would be very helpful, I need to find a coin door lock for my astro at the mo.
moshpit
Fantasy Zone Finder
Initials: RON

Post by moshpit »

Just a quick heads up for Taito cab owners

Most Taito cabs have:
(up until Egret29) LY-0069 locks (Taito had those still in stock a few months back) and Cashbox locks used to be "Dom Lock C820 (R) W/2 90" (those are NLA)
after that (Egret 2 and up... not sure about Vewlix though) they came with LY-1153 and "Z Lock (large) key=2864 R W/2 90" for the cashbox, those arew the ones with the metal ring around it.

Screenbox / respectively CP-Lower locks used to have the "Double" term when I ordered them ("LY-0069 Double"). Those are the locks where you are able to remove the key when the lock is in the "open" position.

Keys for the LY0069 and LY1153 pop up on YAY regularly.

Btw.: good thread ;)
WARNING! A HUGE BATTLESHIP IS APPROACHING FAST!
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

For the Vewlix the part number for the CP box, main door, coin mech door and rear panel locks is:

E5000630A Lock LY-1153 SINGLE(F750-MSDS)

The keys have to be ordered separately (I found this out the hard way). Part number:

E5000631A, KEY LY-1153(F750-MSDS)

The cash box lock is different but includes 2 keys and a ring. Part number:

E5000678A KING LOCK F830(LARGE RING) KEYSX2

I don't have the manual in front of me for the tang/latch part numbers but I'll try to remember to post them when I get a chance.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Great idea and I know it will be really useful too/

Here's a list of the lock and tang numbers for a UK Sega Naomi (dunno if US or JPN NC/NNC's are different)

Control panel bucket - 220-5575UK - Lock
Control panel bucket - HOT-1505UK - LKG TNG

Service door - 220-5575UK - Lock
Service door - DP-1167UK - TNG LKG UK

Rear hatch - 220-5575UK - Lock
Rear hatch - NOA 1115UK - TNG Rear Hatch

Cash box door - 220-5574UK - Lock (keyed different)
Cash box door - HOT-1203XUK - Center TNG
Cash box door - HOT-1204X - Side TNG
Cash box door - 065- E00300 - E ring 3mm

My cab had locks but no keys so I ended up using the original tangs combined with STG locks from Craig
http://www.giz10p.co.uk/index.php?_a=vi ... ductId=189"
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Can anyone tell me what length cam locks I need for my Naomi cab? I'm thinking that the control panel, service door and rear hatch are all the same length, with the coin door perhaps being different? The cab manual just lists them as 220-5575 (5574 for coin door, so it's keyed different). Does the 220 bit mean 22mm? :think:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

I have some locks that I took off my Naomi when I replaced them. They're not Sega and they don't have latches but they do fit and they're no use to me so you're welcome to them.

I'll look them out after tea. If you don't want them I can at least take a few dims for you :)
Spectre
By Spectre

Post by Spectre »

crunchywasp wrote:I have some locks that I took off my Naomi when I replaced them. They're not Sega and they don't have latches but they do fit and they're no use to me so you're welcome to them.

I'll look them out after tea. If you don't want them I can at least take a few dims for you :)
Unfortunately they're not much use without the tongues (the bit that goes on the end) as it seems you can't easily buy them separately. Otherwise I'd be saying yes please old buddy old pal. The dimensions would be great though 8-)

The measurement I need is labelled A here. So from the base of the head to the tongue. :hinthint:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

:fastlove:

Dimension A is approx 23mm. Sorry for the bad rule measurement, I think my calipers are at work.

I have a selection of locks, 2 of them A001 Sega locks bought from AGS, one similar lock from my NNC and a couple of cheapo ones with latches originally from my Naomi. All have the same A dimension but The diamater of the threaded part that carries the latches is larger on the A001/NNC ones so the latches I have aren't compatible with them.

If any of these would be of any use to you then you're welcome to take them.
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

the 220-5575 & 220-5574 are the same locks that's the blast city. ( 220-5575 uses the 220-5576 key ). both locks are the same dimmensions. my blasts use 220-5575 locks only. I have a bunch of them, if you're looking for spares pm me.

I can measure them tonight.
Last edited by codecrank on October 10th, 2014, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

I have these on my Naomi http://www.giz10p.co.uk/cabinet-parts/locks/cat_6.html"

22mm with straight 30mm cam - coin, service and control panel locations.

If you want the locks from Mark, I'll have a look if I have any tangs that are the right size for you, I know I have some in the garage just don't know what size they are.
Spectre
By Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Well ****, that's a whole **** of help there guys :awe:

I think we've established 22/23mm is the correct length. Mark has very kindly let me have his spare locks, I'll see where I'm at from there. Ideally I'd like a set of 4 keyed alike Sega locks, but beggars can't be choosers and I don't really want to put serious money down on a few locks at this stage. Lots of other stuff higher priority on the shopping list for this cab.

Cheers again!
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

I know Blast and Astro take what we in the States refer to as 7/8”
What also matters of course is that the screw and nut on the end of the lock fits the correct cam.
5/8” locks will have a much smaller screw and take an entirely different size cam (I’ll take some comparison shots when I have some time aka aren’t so lazy).
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

So I checked my spares last night.

I have some oddball Sega dimple keys & locks.

:think:

wonder if Sega shipped out cabs with a unique lock for the cash box on every cab. Stamped with a # number allowing Sega's Service dept to re-cut you a key in case you lost it.
Spectre
By Spectre

Post by Spectre »

codecrank wrote:wonder if Sega shipped out cabs with a unique lock for the cash box on every cab. Stamped with a # number allowing Sega's Service dept to re-cut you a key in case you lost it.
Both the UK Naomi Universal and Japan New Net City manual list the coin door lock as 220-5574 (the UK manual describes it as LOCK KEYED DIFFERENT). It's entirely possible that this part was a unique lock as you describe though, considering it was keyed different.
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

Does anyone have a couple of 5575 locks and a key for sale? (Japanese not UK)
I could trade for them for a couple of 5380 locks and a key..
Up the Irons!
codecrank
Please Continue...

Post by codecrank »

KmanSweden wrote:Does anyone have a couple of 5575 locks and a key for sale? (Japanese not UK)
I could trade for them for a couple of 5380 locks and a key..
mmmm spares... I have 3 5575 locks ,a key and 2 1505 panel cams but I'm the the US...
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

Thanks for that. I'll keep you in mind if I can't source them closer than the U.S. :D
Up the Irons!
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...
eBay: dgabassi

Post by DanielGabassi »

Hi guys!

I'm refurbishing a New Astro City cabinet. At this moment, the only thing missing is the lock/tongue kit.
Just found a user here at the forum that have a NAC tongue reproduction kit. Now I'm looking for the locks for that kit and just found these:

http://www.arcadespareparts.com/newslet ... 12_68.html"

Do you guys know, which lock is the correct for a NAC cabinet? They have 16mm, 20mm, 25mm, and 30mm measurements and say that all fits NAC. Witch one is the right match?

Thanks!