Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: jamma to a naomi uni

Post by markedkiller78 »

doutor wrote:
I don't see any converter or resistor lowering sound output level from that pic, but if non and RCA just being directly wired from speaker out on JAMMA, it would shoot amp. or may not have good sound. You had better contact seller for that.
By the looks of thingd the sound is coming from the jamma edge to 2 rca jacks, which I assume would plug into the amp?
doutor
Please Continue...

Post by doutor »

Last edited by doutor on June 30th, 2009, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

I've got one of those looms - I'll dig it out and post a pic.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

doutor wrote:KONAMI will work fine too, with no lag, but it's extreamly hard obtain since they didn't sell it separately from cab. NAMCO sold this as optional parts for Cyber Lead 1, and you could still get it some arcade shops,still see quite many in auctions too. So, from the greater amount being sold to the market,and much easier to get in hand, I recommended NAMCO's too. The good thing about NAMCO's is, that you could get RCA standard sound output level, when connecting. You can even get it in stereo,in two ways. One is "true stereo" hooking up external stereo speaker output connector on many PCB's whitch is the best( in this way, you have to cut off standard monoral speaker wire from JAMMA connector by adding sw. or connector etc. to it ) and second, split and convert monoral speaker output from JAMMA to RCA imitative stereo by swapping tiny jumper pin on it. It is very rare that, can output in RCA standard, and could obtain much more clear and noiseless sound than converting it by adding electrical resistance. I will recommend this for those, who really acre about sounds.
I've just had a play with both the Konami one and the Namco one.

1) Yes, the Namco one has virtual stereo when set to monaural. Not sure how to disable this. It's kinda like the virtual surround effect that a lot of things have.
2) The picture from the Namco one isn't as bright/vivid as the Konami one. Fixable by tweaking the contrast/brightness/colour pots.
doutor
Please Continue...

Post by doutor »