LS32 sloppy?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
j69

LS32 sloppy?

Post by j69 »

Just had 2 brand new Seimitsu LS32s delivered and have put them in my cab. They are a lot sloppier than I remember and it's a bit of a nightmare pulling off supers in SSF2X. Is my memory betraying me or something or have they always been quite a loose feeling stick? I took a couple of cheap zippy sticks out of there and they feel much more solid connecting with the microswitches :eh:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: LS32 sloppy?

Post by markedkiller78 »

They are all different. I've got a couple of LS32-01's with the 33 pcb & they are great, tight-ish with hardly any wiggle. However, I have another set that are no where near as tight. Ultimatley I have moved the tighter sticks to player 1 side on both cabs. They were all new too.

When you say loose, do you mean before or after the microswith is engaged?
johnnygnct
Please Continue...

Post by johnnygnct »

My LS-32's have a big dead zone. Bought them new after a lot of praise from guys here but I never liked them :(. The LS-33's are awesome and so are the LS-40's!
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

You can fix both issues.

Tight - new spring
Loose / dead zone - mod the actuator.

I love ls32s.
j69

Post by j69 »

Mainly after the micro switch has been activated. I'm sure I will get used to it
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I prefer LS32s after they've had a few days breaking in.
j69

Post by j69 »

I'm getting more used to it after a few games. I faffed on rewiring the stiffer zippy stick and it wasn't much different. Destroyed one of the ground connectors in the process which was a right ball ache to rewire. I'm leaving it well alone now!
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

cools wrote:I prefer a few days breaking in.
:hinthint:
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

I used to love LS-32, but now I much prefer LS-56 (and probably LS-58 too) because it just feels tighter and you can use octagate on them that I really like because I used to play on octagonal gated joysticks when I was a wee lad. :shifty:
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

I've been using stock LS-32s for years, never had any problem in Street Fighter or KOF. Sounds like you got busted goods or have no business using LS-32s (if you're use to some other standard of stick). In fact, I consider LS-32s to be the best stick around. Too many people get all complicated with their stick modding, switching parts etc., best to keep it simple, I have never had any complaints about the stock performance, so I'd be modding for the sake of modding and not because I had a reason.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

I've always sworn by a Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y with a standard square gate for every genre of arcade game, be it fighters, platformers, Shmups.. Anything with digital controls. Seimitsu LS-32s feel too much hard work, same goes for the buttons, and I hate the rounded diagnols. Sanwa parts are so effortless to use.
Last edited by Ex_Mosquito on March 30th, 2013, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GolfRat
Please Continue...
Initials: JAZ

Post by GolfRat »

Sanwa JLF - better for fighters
Seimitsu LS32 - everything else
julius blaze
Please Continue...
eBay: pincer_attack

Post by julius blaze »

When I got my MVS-U4 cab it had nearly new LS-32s in it, it was pretty much unplayable to me. Double quarter circle motions were literally impossible for me, and I'm pretty darn good at KOF. I modded my mounting plate to take JLFs and everything is now perfect.

I like LS-56's though, much tighter dead zone and tighter spring.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

GolfRat wrote:Sanwa JLF - better for fighters
Seimitsu LS32 - everything else
I don't get where the myth started that LS32s hold mystical powers that grants the player godly skill at Shmups. They don't.
Sanwa are just as good for Shmups. All these custom springs to add different tensions etc are just pointless. LS32s feel cheap to me personally.

Check out the legendary VTF-INO Ikaruga replays, he's using a BlastCity panel with square gate JLFs, and Ikaruga is pretty much one of the most precise pixel accurate vert shooters out there. I believe raw practice, a gameplan strategy, creative well executed thought out ideas, FAR outweigh the stick brand for you to get good results out of any game/genre. There are no shortcuts ;)

Last edited by Ex_Mosquito on March 25th, 2013, 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I bought into the hype of the LS-32 as well, but I think it's also a matter of what you grew up playing on (for me, German Super-sticks mostly= short throw/quick engage/octagonal gate) and my first Japanese stick was the LS-32 (hype) and that was my comfort zone for a long, long time. Now I can play on any stick really, as long as it's working as intended. ;)
julius blaze
Please Continue...
eBay: pincer_attack

Post by julius blaze »

I also feel like every Seimitsu part feels incredibly cheap, removing a Seimitsu button once from a control panel it split in half and shot a shard of plastic underneath my nails, very uncomfortable. Sanwas have never done that to me... I would be more pro-seimitsu if they were cheaper than Sanwa but they're almost exactly the same and sometimes more, but Sanwa is better built IMO.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

LS32s and Seimitsu screwins for life.
invzim
eBay: prrole

Post by invzim »

My rig is:

Seimitsu LS-32 for sticks
Sanwa OBSF-30 for buttons

Tried seimitsu buttons and found them too clicky, tried sanwa sticks and found them to soft.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Post by wonderbanana »

Got Sanwa sticks in the cab atm, hate them - way to much throw. :sick:

Had Seimitsu LS-32 in the last cab and loved them but Just ordered some LS-56 with octo gates as recommended by Emph now though :awe:
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Exciting! ;)