Re: Capcom mini cute scratch build

Post by Relaxt »

Any updates on this vas?
vasiliflame
Please Continue...
Initials: vas

Post by vasiliflame »

Well after a stressful couple of years and a few house moves I finally have a good home. I am kicking dusting this project off again, I still have my plans dimensions and desire to complete this but also a spot to put it when it's complete. Things should move pretty quick now ;)
Arcade gaming since 1982
Porl
Please Continue...
eBay: melvisbrevel
Initials: PTB

Post by Porl »

i really look forward to seeing some progress photos of this build when you get going with it Vasiliflame! I think its super interesting :D

Porl''
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

Dark resurrection!

Mister Vas can I ask you to please share the mini cute dimensions? Im thinking about doin the same as you, and maybe improve the design a little :) just as someone else said, a Maxi Cute
2X Sega Aero City
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...

Post by FcoBenitez »

Sorry for double posting, but Cools did you sent vas the mini cute dimensions? If yes, can you send these to me, please?
thanks! :)
2X Sega Aero City
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

Post by Shadolf »

Why not put those dimensons to the Wiki?
About the monitor to use, I like the Trinitrons most, but you won´t fit any Trinitron tube in a Cute sized cab. Same with PVM. These tubes ar way deeper than others and are havier.
For a Pony like build, like I will do, a Trinitron is nice, cause the neck of the tube goes down into the cab, where there is more space.
In general, I would use Grundig, Toshiba, Metz or Bang & Olufsen. But I have experience with the 28" and 29" ones only. Sony Trinitron has 21" available. I think there is no other brand with 21". They are realy nice for small cab projekts, although need the right angle on the screen. But the perfect size is 25" Trinitron, just love them :D. With the right space in the cab a Trinitron TV would do the job, no need for expensive PVM.
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

Every TV manufacturer made 21" models. It's one of the most common sizes. 21" Grundigs have 55 in their model numbering, e.g. ST55-750 or T55-400.

20" is a better replacement (the screen contour is the same as 18", unlike 21" which is squareish). Some member here already put one in his Cute. 17" could be another good replacement size.
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

So this entry in our Wiki is wrong? Maybe I should mention that there are different "Types" of 21" Tubes. Those I meant are the 50cm ones. Other manufacturers use the 21" 51cm ones.

face diagonal viewable screen diagonal Full Square
21" (54cm) 20V (50cm) 54cm = 21.25" (21") 50cm = 19.68" (20V) yes

glass embossings: 1
used only by Sony

Examples:
M50LMD15X (WTDS)

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/CRT_designation_systems
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

Yes, the 21" tubes with 50cm viewable diagonal are only used by Sony but they were used in VGA monitors (PC monitors), not TVs. Sony 21" TVs have 51cm diagonals like those of other manufacturers:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:A51LPT60X.jpg
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...

Post by FcoBenitez »

Shadolf wrote:Why not put those dimensons to the Wiki?
Yes, no problem :) I think adding precise dimensions of cabs would be a nice addition to the Wiki. I can help with the Aero City dimensions, as this is a easily replicable cab with no curves (I've already seen a japanese guy doing one from wood and the results were OK).

I dream about having the Aero Table and Mini Cute precise dimensions ;)
2X Sega Aero City
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

FcoBenitez wrote:
Shadolf wrote:Why not put those dimensons to the Wiki?
Yes, no problem :) I think adding precise dimensions of cabs would be a nice addition to the Wiki. I can help with the Aero City dimensions, as this is a easily replicable cab with no curves (I've already seen a japanese guy doing one from wood and the results were OK).
That would be very nice. I thougth about putting dimensions into the wiki a few time in the past.
Would be very nice if you put the Aero City dimensions in, this is indeed a nice cab and one of the easier to replicate. Would love to do one. Can you post a link to pictures of the project of that japanese guy?
A Sega City woulb be also nice, love the look of their CP´s (nice blue).
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...

Post by FcoBenitez »

Sure, let me see if I can find the link to the DIY Aero. The dimensions wont be a problem, but it will have to wait till next week as I'll be on vacation this weekend.

Edit: Found it http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/12/08/j ... %E3%80%91/
2X Sega Aero City
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

PrincessPrinPrin wrote:17" could be another good replacement size.
I put a 17" in my Candy 18 and it was quite small. Took it to the scrap yard after a day or two. The 20" LCD with a scaler, slg3000 and a dark piece of plexiglass over isn't ideal but I like it better than the 17" tube.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...

Post by FcoBenitez »

Ok, so I just went ahead and started modelling a crude Mini Cute on Solidworks, using the reference dimensions found on the flyers and the AO Wiki, as well as guessing some other dimensions by looking at my aero City cab... To be honest, this won't be an exact replica, just a "inspired by" design, as I'm planning to use an 16:9 LCD inside... sorry purists :awe:
Also, I'm planning to modify the design by making it a little more comfortable for 2 player use, which is a complain that I've read about this cab many time in the internetz.
If you guys can still help with some dimensions, that would be really helpful :oops: :)

2X Sega Aero City
Shadolf

Post by Shadolf »

Let me guess, you are a dwarf?! Otherwise i would say the combination of a Mini Cute and a LCD screen i a bad idea cause LCDs have a limited viewangle and with most the picture gets darker the more you watch from the side/above.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Not all LCDs use TN film you know...
Emulation's nice when done well
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

I can take whatever dimensions you need. PM me and we'll get it figured out
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...

Post by FcoBenitez »

Shadolf wrote:Let me guess, you are a dwarf?! Otherwise i would say the combination of a Mini Cute and a LCD screen i a bad idea cause LCDs have a limited viewangle and with most the picture gets darker the more you watch from the side/above.
FcoBenitez wrote: Also, I'm planning to modify the design by making it a little more comfortable for 2 player use, which is a complain that I've read about this cab many time in the internetz.
;)
battlesmurf wrote:I can take whatever dimensions you need. PM me and we'll get it figured out
Excellent! Thanks battlesmurf, I will take a look at some reference pics that I have and send you a few questions. Sorry for not replying before :D

Edit: Making some progress on the front panel, when I get the real dimensions I will correct them accordingly :awe:

2X Sega Aero City