Vewlix L - Sound input question

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
LemonyVengeance
eBay: Stanley_ipkiss22
Initials: LMN

Vewlix L - Sound input question

Post by LemonyVengeance »

For those that don't know me, I make controller hacks for cabinets. I recently sold one to someone with a Vewlix L who wanted to use his 360 in it. He let me know that while the hack is connected to the jamma edge, he's not getting any sound from the 360 to the speakers. Is it normal for the Vwelix L to autodetect a jamma connection and force audio over jamma? I was under the impression that he could plug the audio cables directly into the amp and bypass the jamma IO...

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I've asked for pictures of the place he's plugging the audio cables to make sure he's not plugging it into the Jamma-JVS IO (unless he's supposed to).
kaisan156
Please Continue...
Re: Vewlix L - Sound input question

Post by kaisan156 »

Ask your client where he got the vewlix from. If it is from coinopexpress or highway entertainment it could be the chinese vewlixs that are quite popular now. They are cheap and good but the main problem is that it is using a weird PCB i/O. if you look at cell's or my post on our vewlix's we have posted pics of that pcb before. the audio in mine comes from a pair of rca jacks into a 3mm input on the pcb. which then gets amplified and sent to the jamma harness.