Naomi six button control panel wiring question...

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
ninjawyatt
Please Continue...
eBay: ninjawyatt

Naomi six button control panel wiring question...

Post by ninjawyatt »

I have a Naomi which had a two button set up per player as it was a Virtua Tennis cab. I have bought a complete six button control panel to replace it so I can play Street Fighter, but I have noticed that it has extra connectors. My original panel had a yellow block connector and a white block connector. My new panel has one yellow block connector, two white block connectors and one small two pin block connector. The extra white connector isnt a problem because there a few spare ports and it fits into one of them (Im presuming its the correct port as its the same colour and size). The extra white two pin plug however, I have nowhere to plug. It only has one pin in use and its a green wire so I presume its and earth. Can somebody advise me please? Do I need another harness? Can I just leave it unplugged? Cheers.
'You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance'
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Re: Naomi six button control panel wiring question...

Post by Spectre »

Sounds like an earth connection, what is it connected to on the panel? If you don't have an earth connection to match it up with in your cab I wouldn't worry too much.

As you have already worked out, player 1 is the white 12 pin amp up, player 2 the yellow 12 pin amp up, with the extra kick buttons on the white 10 pin amp up (extra button connector).
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

It's a safety earth for th CP metal. Some Naomis have it, some don't. It's not critical.
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

Rossyra wrote:It's a safety earth for th CP metal. Some Naomis have it, some don't. It's not critical.
Yeah, mine doesn't have it, but seen plenty of others with.

Living dangerously. :awe:
ImageImageImageImage
ninjawyatt
Please Continue...

Post by ninjawyatt »

Hi guys, I can confirm that the two pin connector in question is indeed for the main earth wire bolted to the control panel main metal back plate. So you think its ok to leave this unplugged? There is an earth wire close by, screwed into the left hand side of the IO board fixing plate, so I could utilise this by making another earth wire, but finding a female connector of the same size may not be a five minute job. Theres the simpler option of making a new earth wire (a longer one) and screwing that into the exisiting earth point on the IO board fixing plate, but I would obviously loose the quick release feature of a block connector and modifying my nice new harness/control panel set up, just seems... sacriledge!
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

It's not necessary, I have one with it and one without and I've never had any electrBZZZZZZZTTT
ninjawyatt
Please Continue...

Post by ninjawyatt »

Rossyra wrote:It's not necessary, I have one with it and one without and I've never had any electrBZZZZZZZTTT
Well your still alive! :lolno: