So I picked up the Neo 19 redstallone was selling, and it arrived yesterday morning (extremely well packed, all the plastics survived shipping!).
Sold with the following description:
"Monitor no burn.
Power-supply is a little bit "noisy", but works fine.
Cab needs a clean.
No gameboard included."
Little bit of thomj syndrome (missing screws) but nothing untoward I wouldn't be cleaning up or replacing anyway.
All good. Get it unwrapped, check for loose cables and PCBs inside and power it up. Works! However the monitor is flickering like mad, the focus is terrible, and I can hear it arcing. Power off, discharge, remove it, clean the anode cap and anode and apply some silicone grease around the edge of the cap - power it up outside the cab and it's clean, no flicker, no arcing. Reinstall back into the cab and the picture focus is spot on, just needs some brightness and geometry corrections.
Power supply is noisy - it's emitting a good few dB of white noise, not sure what this is yet. Flo tube is a bit flickery but it seems to be working correctly, and all the wiring looks to be intact.
I'm not going to be too anal with cleaning - it's only a little bit grubby inside, not worth my time stripping the whole thing down. The outside needs a good scrub and a lot of polishing - to get it mint would need a respray and new side arts, but it's only the sides that have scratched paint, the front is perfectly okay so I'm just going to clean it up as best I can.
Tasks to do:
- Sort the PSU noise out/Recap motherboard audioFigure out why PSU is noisy with motherboard connected
- New foam sealing strip inside the hood
- New hood bolts and washers
- New carriage bolts for the coin mech Sourced with another mech in Japan
- New flo tube (& starter?)
- Clean and polish hood
- Clean and polish marquee windows
- Polish start button art
- Clean and polish screen cover
- New PCB board (does anyone have dimensions for the original?)
- Clean black base (maybe respray)
- Get repro stickers for the hood (230mm diameter)
- Clean and polish remaining metalwork