JP Lindbergh SD owners ?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Re: JP Lindbergh SD owners ?

Post by andygeezer »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:i was undert he impression that the jp units use a toshiba lcd with protective glass front.
None of the Japan ones I've seen had glass front, and the Tosh screen was pretty shoddy..
Say hello to my little friend...
nvs
Please Continue...

Post by nvs »

andygeezer wrote:
Neo_Arcadia wrote:i was undert he impression that the jp units use a toshiba lcd with protective glass front.
None of the Japan ones I've seen had glass front, and the Tosh screen was pretty shoddy..
Actually, I think mine is glass? Originally I thought it was plastic but from memory when I ripped it apart properly it was glass..

Screens are just a bit old and tired after being hammered since ~2006, unfortunately.

Still a nice cab imho, especially when cleaned up with a few new parts and whatnot.
..!
nvs
Please Continue...

Post by nvs »

andygeezer wrote:
andygeezer wrote:
Neo_Arcadia wrote:i`m irritated, are you talking about the eu units ?
No talking about the Japanese cab
FYI, Eu and Japanese cabs share the same monitors, same silver metal parts, same plastics, same speakers, same electronic components obviously.

The UK ones have metal work built here to cut the costs of importing the metal work, just like the Naomi cabinets (although once again the silver parts are the same, although not varnished metal - they powder coat them as Europe arcades do not look after cabinets).

I am told the Namco Noir cabs, like used on Tekken Tag 2 are nicer cabs - but they are all the same to me, LCD units on a metal box.. they just don't look arcade like.
The new Namco Noirs seem to be pretty much the same as the originals that came with Tekken 6 albeit with a strobing marquee LED and some other cosmetic tweaks, but the screen (without knowing difference in models) is definitely stunning. I think a lot of this comes down to them being new though - any new LCD is going to look a **** tonne better than something that's been working around the clock for a number of years and based on fresh tech.

I like these cabs..
..!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Finally!
20191113_213547_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

looks great ,still sexier than a vewlix ? :whoopsie:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Vastly
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

<3
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Looks great if I still played games I would get one.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I've ripped the old (knackered) monitor out and replaced it with an LG IPS 1080p one, including ripping out the original frosted glass - necessary to fit the new LCD in without any faffing around, and also massively increase the screen contrast. Guide coming when I have a chance.

Marquee light is broken, so thats getting swapped with an LED tube. Ordering from China as I cannot find a suitable one from a UK supplier (wide angle, 100V).

Wondering if I can switch the whole cab to 240V without a stepdown. Monitor is dual voltage, new tube will be dual voltage, apparently the sound PSU is also dual voltage so all that remains is whether the JVS PSU can be switched to 240V or not and what the CCFL inverter will take.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

If you're putting in a LED tube to replace the fluorescent one, you might as well take out the ballast.

What sort of games do you play on the Lind? I used mine exclusively for X2, so if you're the same, you could replace the original SUN PSU with a small +5V 1-2A PSU to power the JVS IO.

Are you sure the sound amp is dual voltage?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Yeah ballast will be going.

I've got a PC in there at the moment with a JVSPAC, but I could do away with the JVS entirely to be honest, I very much doubt I'll use it.

Not sure on sound amp at all. No wiring diagrams show it as dual voltage, but AndyGeezers site has it listed as both - assuming mine is the same part number, I've not checked yet.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

IIRC the sound amp on the UK version being 100v if that helps? I think it all ran from that SUN PSU that was feed 100v from the massive internal stepdown.

Impressive work so far its what it needs a modern screen to bring it back to life.