CPS2 QSound Question.

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
daskrabs
CPS2 QSound Question.

Post by daskrabs »

If I have a CPS2 board attached to a JAMMA harness that is connected to mono speakers, will the A-board automatically output mono only (nothing out of the RCA's), regardless of what setting is selected in the config? That is the behavior I'm seeing. I have a little $20 chinese stereo amp that I know works with my ipod, but I can't get the RCA's on the A-board to output QSound to it. I would just detach the speakers for testing, but they're tough to reach in my cab. Anyone have experience with this?
Rossyra
Supermod

Re: CPS2 QSound Question.

Post by Rossyra »

CPS-2 always outputs to the Jamma edge regardless of whether you set Q-Sound/External in the bios.

You will need to select Q-Sound/External in the bios settings to output stereo over the RCAs. It will not select automatically.

You should not connect the speakers to the RCAs and the Jamma edge at the same time.
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

On my boards it's "Stereo (QSound)" in the configuration. So, if that's selected, then the RCA's will output line-level stereo Qsound, right?
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Correct.

What cab and game is this?
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

Big blue (SF2CE) w/ X-men vs SF kit installed.
Hewitson
Please Continue...
Initials: BJA

Post by Hewitson »

Is it just my A board, or is the stereo output from the CPS2 ridiculously quiet? I have to turn my speakers up full to get decent volume out of it, I'd be deafened if I did that on any other game.
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box
daskrabs

Post by daskrabs »

Did you adjust the volume in the config? Also, the RCA's are line level, so you need an amp if you aren't already using one.
Hewitson
Please Continue...
Initials: BJA

Post by Hewitson »

The volume is on full, and yes, the speakers are amplified.
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box