Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
nevsan
Please Continue...
eBay: nevspace
Initials: NEV

1st Naomi questions

Post by nevsan »

Hey there,

I have a Naomi cabinet thats currently wired to play MVS 1 slot board (got this and a 150-in-1 with the cab).

https://picasaweb.google.com/nevsaan/MyNaomiNetCity

But my aim for this cabinet is to have:

• Naomi wiring/games
• Mame/PC (Hyperspin) - so which version of JPAC?
• Perhaps upgrade the monitor to Tri-sync (if I want to be able to play Naomi games), but still don't understand what I need to with monitors :?
• Monitor is 'ok' but bends at the bottom - have tindered with the pins with no luck.
• Is it possible to easily switch between the two (PC + Naomi)?
• At the moment the credit button has been placed inside the coin door (a little fussy).. any better ways of doing this?
• A previous owner cut a hole in the TV shell so they could adjust the monitor - can I get a replacement easily?
• I need 2 of those proper screwable 'feet' that attach to the front legs
• Speakers sound a little weak.. any way of 'upgrading' them?

I have yet to buy either a small PC or Naomi Mobo as I thought it would be smarter to ask you knowledgable fellas where I should buy first :)

I kinda of know what I'm looking at with the cab - really helps having one in the flesh rather than reading online, but I'm not particularly good with this stuff.
Could you guys have a quick lookie at my cab photos and give me any pointers/suggestions on what I could do to make it all work.

Sorry for the mass of questions but I've had it for a few months now without really getting anywhere :palm:
Please be gentle this is my first proper post ;)
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Re: 1st Naomi questions

Post by thomj »

You'd be better off buying a 31k monitor, naomi loom, i/o and sun psu and selling the monitor and gubbins you have there.

Would save a lot of hassle
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

It's been fully JAMMA converted :-

If you want to run a PC in it you'll need a J-PAC & Arcade VGA to run the PC in 15Khz mode & if you want to run a Naomi m/b in it you'll need a Capcom or Sega V2 i/o and set the Naomi to 15Khz output.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
nevsan
Please Continue...
eBay: nevspace
Initials: NEV

Post by nevsan »

Thanks for the replies fellas.

I'd love to get a 31k monitor - not been able to source one online :think:, whats a good price/make for one?

Short-term I'd like to hook it up for Mame/PC/Emulation.

Am I right in understanding.. I get a PC (I was thinking a small shuttle type PC) > connect to JPac which then has a video connector for the monitor, connect the controls to the JPac. Do I still need the MVS for anything? Sorry.. not fully understanding the JAMMA stuff :?

If I do manage to source 31k monitor will I still need Arcade VGA card?
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Personally, unless you only want to play 31k games, I would keep it 15k or get a tri-sync.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

nevsan wrote:Thanks for the replies fellas.

I'd love to get a 31k monitor - not been able to source one online :think:, whats a good price/make for one?

Short-term I'd like to hook it up for Mame/PC/Emulation.

Am I right in understanding.. I get a PC (I was thinking a small shuttle type PC) > connect to JPac which then has a video connector for the monitor, connect the controls to the JPac. Do I still need the MVS for anything? Sorry.. not fully understanding the JAMMA stuff :?

If I do manage to source 31k monitor will I still need Arcade VGA card?
If you just want to play MAME etc, hack it to bitz, no AVGA required, no J-Pac required though an I-Pac4 is nice ;)

http://www.petes-emulation.com/phpbb3/v ... ?f=20&t=13"

:awe:

Cheers,

Ralph.
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

ignore Ralph, he's clearly has one too many fosters. :awe:

(that's a 31k monitor, naomi wiring etc)