Sega Versus City

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Sega Versus City

Post by John James Pacinelli »

Sorry for the moronic question but... how does it work? I mean, do I need two pcb of the same game linked or something like that? Do you guys have more info?

I'm happy with my Astro, but I'm gonna buy a Versus in the future. A friend of mine owns an independent videogame shop and I would like to put my versus city there to hold SF tournaments or simply have fun.
Vagina
Flazh

Re: Sega Versus City

Post by Flazh »

You only need a single game PCB. The video is just replicated on both monitors and the 2p controls are run to the 2p side. Any 2 player game will work simply as plugging it in. The coin controls are both individual, so you will have to set this in the menu of whatever game you have, but most Vs games will have an option for this in the menu.
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Sounds great.

Also I have noticed there are to models: vs city and new versus city. The latter looks like a blast city and (as the name says) it is supposed to be the latest model. However Wikicab says both where released in 96 (or 97 I don't remember). Are there any differences between the two I should be aware of?

I like the first vs city anyway :awe:
Vagina
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

http://home.insightbb.com/~candycabinet ... hun2xe.jpg

Looks awesome. Plus you can have hours of SF fun with it. It also brings the SF arcade experience to the next level as you can't read your opponent's moves.
Vagina
Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Post by Mayhem »

John James Pacinelli wrote:Also I have noticed there are to models: vs city and new versus city. The latter looks like a blast city and (as the name says) it is supposed to be the latest model. However Wikicab says both where released in 96 (or 97 I don't remember). Are there any differences between the two I should be aware of?
From what I understand the differences would be like between an Astro City and Blast City, the standard Versus City is a dual-resolution JAMMA cabinet while the New Versus City is a tripple-resolution JAMMA and JVS-ready cabinet (3.3 VDC power supply and audio amplifier already installed, just add an I/O board).
Once I start I cannot stop myself
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Cheers M,

Very interesting info. Do you happen to know if they can be dismounted in two separate cabs? This would make things much easier shipping wise.

Also, if somebody from this forum has one of those babies I would like to hear your stories / feedback (plus pics :awe: ). I think that if you really love SF you gotta have one of those for some serious playing ;)
Vagina
majors

Post by majors »

I picked up two last year. VERY HEAVY. It does have wheels, so you can roll it but if there are any stairs get three of your boys to help you haul it up. The cab _can't_ be split in two. You could disassemble it, but it would require removing the two monitors. Coin-op and Riverservice still sell JAMMA cables for it or you can hit the 'bay. Getting the "real" cable was worth the price for me instead of attempting to rig something up. CP are the same as Astro/Blast/Net but of course you need 1P panel. The top LED display reqiuires a 7-seg cable and a game that supports it. I've only gotten Virtual Tennis 2 to work, and as far as I can figure out, ONLY Sega games will work (sorry, no ST win streak displayed).

Ask away.
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
Stv
Please Continue...
Initials: stv

Post by Stv »

majors wrote: The top LED display reqiuires a 7-seg cable and a game that supports it. I've only gotten Virtual Tennis 2 to work, and as far as I can figure out, ONLY Sega games will work (sorry, no ST win streak displayed).

Ask away.

i see in Tokyo some VS city cabinet (not NEW VS) with SSFIIX and the led display working. one guy counter stopped it at 99 :) i'm still asking how make it working with capcom fighters but no luck :(
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

majors wrote:Image

I picked up two last year. VERY HEAVY. It does have wheels, so you can roll it but if there are any stairs get three of your boys to help you haul it up. The cab _can't_ be split in two. You could disassemble it, but it would require removing the two monitors. Coin-op and Riverservice still sell JAMMA cables for it or you can hit the 'bay. Getting the "real" cable was worth the price for me instead of attempting to rig something up. CP are the same as Astro/Blast/Net but of course you need 1P panel. The top LED display reqiuires a 7-seg cable and a game that supports it. I've only gotten Virtual Tennis 2 to work, and as far as I can figure out, ONLY Sega games will work (sorry, no ST win streak displayed).

Ask away.

Thank you very much indeed for the feedback. The fact that they cannot be split in two is kinda off putting...
I would be delighted to see some pics of the "insides", how they are connected and interact together... :awe:

@STV, you have one of those lovely VC in your "tower" :awe:? I'd love to hear more, even in Italian if you know what I mean ;)
Vagina
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I really want one of these
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

Here you have some info you may want to read

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php?t=3670"

Long live VS cabs!
2X Sega Aero City
majors

Post by majors »

p2 inside looking left. The bar is the coin mech from p2 coin slot.

p2 looking right.

Deep inside looking up :) I normally store extra boards inside since it's so spacious.

Detail of the side joining bar.

The base is a solid sheet of steel, 6x3". The top does come off.
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Cheers for the precious information. I am definitely gonna get one of those.
Vagina
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Just out of curiosity, which game are you running on it at the moment?
Vagina
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

John James Pacinelli wrote:Just out of curiosity, which game are you running on it at the moment?
Looks like Capcom vs. SNK 2 to me :!:
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

I've seen the Capcom vs. SNK 2 screen, I was wondering whether he changed game since that picture was taken.
Vagina
majors

Post by majors »

Still CvS2...it's the reason I got a Versus! I pretty much keep the Naomi in it all the time since I have the other. The only other GD-ROM I have right now for it is V.Tennis 2. It takes advantage of the winner lamp and win count, it's fun for parties.
Majors -=- Wedoca '18
Flazh

Post by Flazh »

majors wrote:Still CvS2...it's the reason I got a Versus! I pretty much keep the Naomi in it all the time since I have the other. The only other GD-ROM I have right now for it is V.Tennis 2. It takes advantage of the winner lamp and win count, it's fun for parties.
I keep CvS2 in one of my Naomi setups as it resets all the freeplay and demo sound stuff when you re-install it :(
lacanian
Please Continue...

Post by lacanian »

Is it possible to say install your Naomi system for the 1P side, and use 2P side for MAME?
What kind of connection do the monitors have?
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

Resurrecting this thread to share some vs city love. And for the records, unless you run 2 seperate jamma connections, the cabinet only runs off 1 jamma connection and the monitors are dual sync (15/24KHz) monitors usually a nanao chassis.
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;