egret 2 rotation mechanism in egret3/awsd?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
suicidalmonkey

egret 2 rotation mechanism in egret3/awsd?

Post by suicidalmonkey »

Just wondering if it would be possible to add the rotation mechanism from an egret 2 into an egre3 or atomswave sitdown. I just got ahold of an awsd and though it would be a worthwhile addition if I could get ahold of the rotation mechanism from an e2.

Thanks
Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Re: egret 2 rotation mechanism in egret3/awsd?

Post by Mayhem »

I have no idea if the E3/AWSD shell has the same frame mounting points, but I can tell you're never gonna fit a pure-flat tube into an E2 turntable. You'd need to replace the monitor with one that has a rounded tube (and a matching bezel) or custom build a turntable from scratch.
Once I start I cannot stop myself
suicidalmonkey

Post by suicidalmonkey »

From what I can tell the shells are exactly the same, but the differences in tube shape definitely mean work is ahead of me if I want to get some easy peasy rotating going on.

Thanks man.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

suicidalmonkey wrote:From what I can tell the shells are exactly the same, but the differences in tube shape definitely mean work is ahead of me if I want to get some easy peasy rotating going on.

Thanks man.
you could always get a welder to make one for you if you had all the right specs and such. pricey but a lot less hassle.
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
suicidalmonkey

Post by suicidalmonkey »

Most definitely. I wasn't planning on doing a tube swap as that would be a bigger pain in the butt/expense. I'd still need to get someone to measure all the e2 rotation mech parts. That said, since it's not a 1 to 1 swap, it might be more trouble than it's worth. However, I'm still keeping it in mind as I do know a few welders...