Dismantling a Blast City?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Andrrreas

Re: Dismantling a Blast City?

Post by Andrrreas »

This is a really strange design solution and very dangerous as you first think you can just remove the 6 black bolts and hook of the panel but once you have done it the only thing that holds the monitor is the 2 screws behind. So, still need to know how these screws look like. Hope anyone knows.
clutch
Please Continue...

Post by clutch »

HyperBolt wrote:So there's no way at all to remove the control panel base without removing the monitor?

Such a shame, it would've made moving the blast city through doorways much easier.
The cp base comes off just fine with the monitor still attached. Undo a couple of screws and a handful of bolts and wala.
Cageman
Please Continue...
eBay: Cageman007

Post by Cageman »

Andrrreas wrote:Im in the middle of mounting the bracket that holds the monitor, the lower part on the inside that fits together with the panel. Could anyone take a picture of what type of screw that is correct for this part? It is 2 screws.
I detailed that in my previous post. Probably missed it? It is screw type (A) - small tapping screw: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... 49#p194650"

Picture of screw in lower bracket (Type: A)

picture of screws, nuts and bolts. Type A is the top left one ;-) :
clutch wrote:
HyperBolt wrote:So there's no way at all to remove the control panel base without removing the monitor?

Such a shame, it would've made moving the blast city through doorways much easier.
The cp base comes off just fine with the monitor still attached. Undo a couple of screws and a handful of bolts and wala.
Ehh.. I would not do that. You will remove a LOT of structural integrity removing the black bolts from the CP lower. The top bracket holding the monitor is NOT designed to take the weight of the monitor. Removing the black bolts in the CP lower will put a lot of the weight on the two small screws (these screws are just there to make mounting the lower monitor support possible. The way the thing needs to be mounted is: stand in the back of the cab, position the support, fasten with the two screws (one left, one right). These screws will keep the thing in place so you can walk to the front, hold the CP lower in your hand, and mount all 6 black bolts. Only that secures the whole thing.

So.. even when you do not have the two screws, just make sure the 6 bolts are in place. The screws can easily be omitted.
Andrrreas

Post by Andrrreas »

Ahh... Ok! Your great! So only 2 small screws holds up the monitor if the 6 bolts are out.

Might need some more help with a few of the small metal parts that should be placed here and there.

Also, how did you attach the speakergrills again? Glue?
Cageman
Please Continue...

Post by Cageman »

Andrrreas wrote:Ahh... Ok! Your great! So only 2 small screws holds up the monitor if the 6 bolts are out.

Might need some more help with a few of the small metal parts that should be placed here and there.

Also, how did you attach the speakergrills again? Glue?
Well, the monitor will still be attached to the top bracket (which I never removed. The top bracket is also very weak; only secured by (i think) 4 small screws).

Just shoot if there is anything I can help with. I will gladly take some more photos of parts I did not cover in my teardown (btw: everything I did not cover is stuff I just left on the cab).

The speakergrills were a pain in the butt. I removed them, spray painted them, and gleud them back in. First tried hot glue: not a good plan. There is not enough time to position the grill before the glue hardens ;-). I ended up using a two component polyurethane glue. That worked brilliantly.
Andrrreas

Post by Andrrreas »

Brilliant! Ill be back!
clutch
Please Continue...

Post by clutch »

I think you are talking about the two screws right next to the bolts where the monitor mounts. My bracket has four screws (2 on each side) that are set inside where the black bolts screw in. I took the CP off because I thought it wouldn't fit in the (standard sized) door, but I measured it and it fit just fine if I brought it in with the CP facing forward.

imaji
Please Continue...
eBay: Lazeer
Initials: JMM

Post by imaji »

Brilliant, thanks Cageman!

Shame we can't leave feedback for rocking posts :D

Now all I need is a Blast City...
Cageman
Please Continue...

Post by Cageman »

You are welcome! :awe:

Oh, and about the photo Clutch posted: interesting.. that is not how the bracket is mounted inside my Blast. Must be different revisions of the cab.. :eh:
clutch
Please Continue...

Post by clutch »

Yes that is interesting.... Like I said, these screws are in addition to the ones you photographed. Are you sure your bracket didn't have them? I also look at it this way, the control panels probably took the most abuse. From a service/replacement standpoint, would they make the monitor's integrity dependent on the panel always being there? Not disputing what you are saying, I'm just curious because I definitely don't want the monitor to drop if I need to remove the panel again. :)
Cageman
Please Continue...

Post by Cageman »

clutch wrote:Yes that is interesting.... Like I said, these screws are in addition to the ones you photographed. Are you sure your bracket didn't have them? I also look at it this way, the control panels probably took the most abuse. From a service/replacement standpoint, would they make the monitor's integrity dependent on the panel always being there? Not disputing what you are saying, I'm just curious because I definitely don't want the monitor to drop if I need to remove the panel again. :)
AHA! Now I see.!. The photo you took is of the lower part of the support bracket (indeed where the bolts come through). I just found a photo of my own Blast with these screws actually missing:

After assembling I had no screws left, so I guess they weren't in place to start with (previous owner, probably :shifty: ). Sooo... the bracket is held in place by 6 screws: two at the top, 4 at the bottom..

I will put some replacement screws in later tonight.. I recently bought a batch of these in roughly the same dimensions.. 8-)
imaji
Please Continue...
eBay: Lazeer
Initials: JMM

Post by imaji »

Just successfully moved my new blast into the house using this :D

Thanks for putting it together!
Cageman
Please Continue...

Post by Cageman »

You're welcome 8-)
twinsin
Please Continue...

Post by twinsin »

where does the ac cord plug into in the monitor cant seem to find it
backfield22
eBay: nosetackle99
Initials: MAT

Post by backfield22 »

twinsin wrote:where does the ac cord plug into in the monitor cant seem to find it
i spent a while looking for this as well.
power goes in through the front of the monitor (behind the bezel).
the plugs there are the only connections to the cab (unless you hook up VGA via the d-sub).
lost tiree, lost dutch.
twinsin
Please Continue...

Post by twinsin »

ok so now im back to square one about the power runningto the monitor because the cab get power all the sound work but no screen and the neck looks in good shape
WupWuh
Please Continue...

Post by WupWuh »

I'm missing some bolts / screws on my cab and would actually like to replace all of them at some point with some new fresh ones. Any way someone could list out the actual part numbers as I know next to nothing about the many fasteners. Perhaps if that is too much, I'd love to know what the 2 long screws that hold down the CP are as my cab does not have any :(
300wins
Please Continue...

Post by 300wins »

Do you get any glow from the neck when the cab is powered on? If not, then that's the reason you're not getting anything on the screen.

twinsin wrote:ok so now im back to square one about the power runningto the monitor because the cab get power all the sound work but no screen and the neck looks in good shape
Pharmtech78
Please Continue...

Post by Pharmtech78 »

Nice post bro, i will be using this to paint my blast city. Thanks for this much appreciated. :D
Sobriquet
Please Continue...
eBay: kaff_white

Post by Sobriquet »

Bit of thread Necro, but thanks for this - just took the two halves of the shell apart to get it upstairs and into the office. Left the bottom on the front though. Took the opportunity to give it a thorough clean too (lots of nicotine marks inside).
Didn't really follow the steps, but knew if I forgot where some of the screws went I could refer back, and the tip about the PSU just sliding out was handy otherwise I'd have just left it in (and struggled even more).
Suspect I'll have a backache having lugged the MS-2933 up a flight of stairs and rotating it.