Question about mounting non-Naomi marquees in my Blast City

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
OtokonoZenyou
Please Continue...
eBay: hayato3d
Initials: ALK

Question about mounting non-Naomi marquees in my Blast City

Post by OtokonoZenyou »

So, I've run into a situation I'm trying to figure out how exactly the best way is to do it. I'm wanting to find a good way to mount plain paper marquees from other games into my Blast City without damaging the marquees and while looking halfway decent.

My idea is something like this:

Using just a black backing and then putting the marquees onto them. The problem is, how can I mount it without risking damaging the marquee when I switch them out? My best idea is using the sticky tack stuff, but the white kind; the ones that don't leave residue. But, I still think after being on there long enough I would risk tearing the paper taking it back off as I have encountered that before with posters.

Does anyone have some good ideas on how to mount these marquees properly without damaging them?

Thanks!
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Re: Question about mounting non-Naomi marquees in my Blast C

Post by thomj »

2 ideas:
1) if you rub the marquee holder with a cloth it will build up static. this should probably hold the paper in place
2) cut out two sheets of paper the size of the marquee holder, cut a hole in the center one the size of your marquee and pop the marquee in that
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I always check mcs-arcade.com doesn't do a Blast City friendly marquee first :awe:
OtokonoZenyou
Please Continue...
eBay: hayato3d
Initials: ALK

Post by OtokonoZenyou »

SuperPang wrote:I always check mcs-arcade.com doesn't do a Blast City friendly marquee first :awe:
True I do the same, but for more of the random PCBs I have I just the original artwork.
thomj wrote:2 ideas:
1) if you rub the marquee holder with a cloth it will build up static. this should probably hold the paper in place
2) cut out two sheets of paper the size of the marquee holder, cut a hole in the center one the size of your marquee and pop the marquee in that
What your saying sounds interesting, more along the lines of something I want to do. I can just mount the paper on a piece of something and then put it in there. I just have to figure out best way to mount the paper without damaging it. The cuting paper thing could possibly work, but it would be rather annoying considering all the different shapes. I need some way to secure it firmly without it moving around.