Mounting a 29" TV in a Naomi universal.

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Mounting a 29" TV in a Naomi universal.

Post by rugdoctor »

Anyone had experience mounting a TV set in the cabinet?
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Re: Mounting a 29" TV in a Naomi universal.

Post by Akuma »

Seen one last week, if it is a decent tube and you wire it good, it looks quite good.
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington »

rugdoctor wrote:Anyone had experience mounting a TV set in the cabinet?
Where'd you find a Universal? :awe:
all your wiki pages belong to me
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

If you don't have a monitor frame, finding one might be kinda difficult though... :eh:
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

ApfelAnni over at http://www.arcadezentrum.com/forum/index.php" might have done this or something similar before.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
rugdoctor
Please Continue...

Post by rugdoctor »

davewellington wrote:
rugdoctor wrote:Anyone had experience mounting a TV set in the cabinet?
Where'd you find a Universal? :awe:
Got it in town from coin cascade. The bare cabinet, with a virtua tennis panel. No monitor. Everything I think is there, bar the actual naomi board, game and monitor. They were using it as a spare parts cab and it seems like mostly for electronics, so the actual cabinet is still in tip top shape.
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rugdoctor
Please Continue...

Post by rugdoctor »

Akuma wrote:If you don't have a monitor frame, finding one might be kinda difficult though... :eh:

No frame and quite scared of taking the tube out of the TV.
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington »

rugdoctor wrote:Got it in town from coin cascade. The bare cabinet, with a virtua tennis panel. No monitor. Everything I think is there, bar the actual naomi board, game and monitor. They were using it as a spare parts cab and it seems like mostly for electronics, so the actual cabinet is still in tip top shape.
Sweet dude! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?
I see they closed down timezone, apparently it's moving.

What are you planning on doing with the cab? Jomacs in Australia will sell you a arcade chassis to fit a TV screen if you're planning on going in that direction. Not sure if they do 29" though.
all your wiki pages belong to me
rugdoctor
Please Continue...

Post by rugdoctor »

Currently I have 2 tvs in great condition: (1) 29" SD sony trinitron with 2 scart connection, a super heavy TV and its made in U.K??!! (2) 29" skyworth chinese TV with VGA and component in, able to do 720p/1080i, not as heavy but has a framed look like the Phillips TVs. Will try to draw some ideas from the website (thanks for that) and post some solutions.
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

supergoose wrote:ApfelAnni over at http://www.arcadezentrum.com/forum/index.php" might have done this or something similar before.
That's exactly where I saw it ;)
rugdoctor wrote:
Akuma wrote:If you don't have a monitor frame, finding one might be kinda difficult though... :eh:

No frame and quite scared of taking the tube out of the TV.
It is not scary if someone discharges the tube for you. Otherwise don't try. I am hyper nervous about this too but I am always quite comfortable after my arcade fella (Buzzer) discharges the monitor in question :awe:
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

Sony trinitron's are no good because of how the tube works - ideally you need a Toshiba or Panasonic tube with a tube reference number starting with A68.

Then joemac should be able to source a chassis to match, buy a meter and measure the impedence & inductance of the V & H yoke so he can match it up.

You really need to get the frame as you wont be able to mount the tube on the four metal pins that stick out of the cross-beams.

It doesn't need to be a Naomi monitor frame - any Sega frame for a 29" will do.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

penrhos wrote:Sony trinitron's are no good because of how the tube works - ideally you need a Toshiba or Panasonic tube with a tube reference number starting with A68.

Then joemac should be able to source a chassis to match, buy a meter and measure the impedence & inductance of the V & H yoke so he can match it up.

You really need to get the frame as you wont be able to mount the tube on the four metal pins that stick out of the cross-beams.

I don't think he means to swap a yoke and throw in an arcade monitor chassis but use a normal TV set with hacked RGB input, eh? :awe:
rugdoctor
Please Continue...

Post by rugdoctor »

Akuma wrote:
penrhos wrote:Sony trinitron's are no good because of how the tube works - ideally you need a Toshiba or Panasonic tube with a tube reference number starting with A68.

I don't think he means to swap a yoke and throw in an arcade monitor chassis but use a normal TV set with hacked RGB input, eh? :awe:
Yeah, just use the built-in inputs of the tv sets, but finding a way to physically attach the tv to the cabinet.
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

rugdoctor wrote:
Akuma wrote:

Yeah, just use the built-in inputs of the tv sets, but finding a way to physically attach the tv to the cabinet.
Yep, then get a Sega monitor frame (plus the fitting white nylon bushes and the ideally the translucent mounting rings) and someone to discharge your TVs :awe:
bitkid

Post by bitkid »

I've seen a TV mounted in a Jaleco Pony MkIV before and it was done very well. In fact when I first got on the machine I couldn't even tell it wasn't an actual arcade game and monitor. In this case it was an XBox wired up to the screen and controls.
ginodifagna
Please Continue...
eBay: mariobanchi

Post by ginodifagna »

yes panasonic tube is very nice and good quality!! you can find easy tv 29" 4/3..
recently i found new 29" 4/3 real flat made by NOKIA, mono and dual focus
i need to trie them ... so i think is possible to find also NOKIA tv ;)

ciao
mario
MVS: Baseball stars 2, Breakers Revenge, Ganryu, Irritating Maze, Last Blade 2, Matrimelee, Panic Bomber