Super Neo 29....No sound.

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Super Neo 29....No sound.

Post by Neo Gold »

Ok.. i managed to scoop a Super clean Neo 29...with 640 plays!?...
Machine was basically in very good condition Bar the usual Yellowing...all amended now & back together!....photo's will follow soon, been far too busy with other projects & of course work!.
So yeah...no sound whatsoever regardless what's plugged in...i just taken delivery of a four slot which had been modified slightly to run MONO in a standard jamma cab.
Now i questioned this & the seller said you can put back to normal for stereo sound, great...i've a dedicated Neo 29...perfect for the job.
So i took photo's of the bypass & removed the wires & reconnected the traces that had been cut...all tested with multimeter & ok.
Got four great titles for it the other day from Phill !..top man , thanks again...all plugged in & all working perfectly!..
I just need to wire up PIN-26 for my game select button...i guess this candy just had a one slot fitted...the board has never been drilled..it really is that clean!.
So everything is working as it should...games cycle & picture is superb , just no lovely stereo !...not a sausage!.

All you have is two wires coming from pins L & 10 from the jamma connector...left & right +...simple, and your earths i've tried grounding on body & direct to either end of the jamma harness/earth points...nothing.
Any input would be appreciated ...right i'm off to paint some more panels for the other Pony mk-4 i got off adam!...not enough time in the day! :palm:
Thank you .
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Re: Super Neo 29....No sound.

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Could it be something super simple like the speakers themselves simply aren’t wired in/connected at the speakers themselves?

Easy to overlook stuff like that when you’re thinking about increasingly complex potential reasons and solutions.
Neo Gold

Post by Neo Gold »

ChrisBEANS wrote: May 15th, 2022, 1:50 pm Could it be something super simple like the speakers themselves simply aren’t wired in/connected at the speakers themselves?

Easy to overlook stuff like that when you’re thinking about increasingly complex potential reasons and solutions.
Alright Chris.....I totally dismantled the Candy for cleaning & fault amendment/paint etc..speakers are intact & all wiring is present/plugged in etc.
There's not much to these compared to other cabs i see...it could be the 4 slot, i know these are not jamma standard & nothings been altered in the machine, wiring etc..it all looks like its new & been delivered..cleanest machine i have owned, basically all it was cleaning & upper /lower bezel's colour correction!.
Recently sorted some more complex faults on my other candys...& then you think something as simple as this is easy..NO! :lol:
Cheers.
Neo Gold

Post by Neo Gold »

Ah, sussed it....mines a japanese manual...& for some reason just checked here on AO wiki!..the english manual states pins L is Neg & pin 10 is Pos...so these Cabs are wired for Mono ONLY!.. :eh:
And in the UK manual states that a 2-4 slot should be not used with them, as they are in STEREO!!...so i guess that's why it was modified for MONO!.
So i'll have to put it back to how it was & Viola...we will have sound.

Who would have thought they would have done something daft like this...SNK..surely should have been made compatible with all Mobo's... :lolno:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

It's got two speakers, mod it for stereo!
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

As Cools said mod it, I used to have one of these cabs and they sound wonderful in Stereo! :D
Neo Gold

Post by Neo Gold »

Hah ha....both speakers are scrap!...cones are intact , everything!..just tried another pair i had on the side!..
Where to get those Neo 29 speakers i wonder..odd shape.
Neo Gold

Post by Neo Gold »

Alright... We now have glorious crystal clear stereo!.. I'd actually forgot just how good the old Neo sounds... :awe: Tonight I was back to the nightmare!.. Nam 1975!..
I picked up LB2, kof98, Gmotw.. So the four slots are full!.

So this was running on a pair of windy speakers.. If anyone has a pair of thin oval 90mm wide by 70mm tall speakers give me a bell please.... Many thanks! :)

Has anyone got any FL-10. 13" flourecent lamp bulbs spare?...
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Nice :awe: but don’t forget Sam Sho 2, best music ever!
Neo Gold

Post by Neo Gold »

thegreathopper wrote: May 16th, 2022, 8:14 am Nice :awe: but don’t forget Sam Sho 2, best music ever!
Too right!.. My last mvs cartridge of that one was from cools...years ago, a true gem.
I'll be buying a six slot next!.
lastspaceship
eBay: ebay.co.uk/usr/mattcmonfeet
Initials: TLS

Post by lastspaceship »

Love these cabs, came quite close to getting one but flyback (I think) was making a strange noise when I went to look.Seems more room somehow inside compared to astros. One day!