New Astro City Cab - Stopped powering on?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
djsheep
eBay: bulletproofcrates

New Astro City Cab - Stopped powering on?

Post by djsheep »

Hey guys,

I was playing my cab, and suddently it just blacked mid-game out and won't turn on again. No signs of life. No funny smells or anything burn out it seems?

Any ideas? Is there a fuse to potentially check? The fluro tube doesn't light up. Totally dead! Any help appreciated... :wtf:
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Re: New Astro City Cab - Stopped powering on?

Post by zumbito »

There is a fuse in the PSU, dependeing on the model. On mine, one is underneath it in the other inside. Get a multimeter and figure out if the PSU receives power, if so, disassemble it and check the fuses.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Also check the step down fuse if you're running from one.
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

Thanks for the replies, will actually just get the arcade repair guy to come by, probably above my call of duty right now, I'll prolly electrocute myself if I try open the PSU :cry:
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

djsheep wrote:Thanks for the replies, will actually just get the arcade repair guy to come by, probably above my call of duty right now, I'll prolly electrocute myself if I try open the PSU :cry:
haha, just unplug it before tinkering with it mate! Its probably the easiest thing to do, check the fuses, but I what can I say, I have to recap the monitor and feel the same way :oops:
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

zumbito wrote:
djsheep wrote:Thanks for the replies, will actually just get the arcade repair guy to come by, probably above my call of duty right now, I'll prolly electrocute myself if I try open the PSU :cry:
haha, just unplug it before tinkering with it mate! Its probably the easiest thing to do, check the fuses, but I what can I say, I have to recap the monitor and feel the same way :oops:
I was keen until I found out what a pain in the **** it'd be to unscrew the PSU to find the fuse! Might wake up feeling ambitious tomorrow though, then again, for a tech to come to the house it's only $70 USD including a couple of hours labour to have the whole cab looked at.

Note, when the guys delivered this cab, they dragged it down a rough concrete street and driveway, using the wheels on the cab, when it shoulda been on a trolley. The coin mech was flying everywhere, absolute mess when it got in the house. The geometry on the screen is messed up pretty much anyhows. Might be worth the double whammy for the tech to look at it all to get it serviced. Here's hoping it's not completed F'd up. Thanks for the replies guys! :)
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

djsheep wrote:
zumbito wrote:
I was keen until I found out what a pain in the **** it'd be to unscrew the PSU to find the fuse! Might wake up feeling ambitious tomorrow though, then again, for a tech to come to the house it's only $70 USD including a couple of hours labour to have the whole cab looked at.

Note, when the guys delivered this cab, they dragged it down a rough concrete street and driveway, using the wheels on the cab, when it shoulda been on a trolley. The coin mech was flying everywhere, absolute mess when it got in the house. The geometry on the screen is messed up pretty much anyhows. Might be worth the double whammy for the tech to look at it all to get it serviced. Here's hoping it's not completed F'd up. Thanks for the replies guys! :)
Yup, good decision. I wish we had arcade servicing around.
Brettster

Post by Brettster »

Have you checked the main circuit protector on the back of the cab where the mains lead enters the cab?
Looking for More Space!
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

Brettster wrote:Have you checked the main circuit protector on the back of the cab where the mains lead enters the cab?
No I haven't, I'm a bit of a novice, if you can shed some light how to check it, it would be appreciated. Cheers.
Brettster

Post by Brettster »

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/9/9 ... Manual.pdf

Manual for the cab, might not be 100% same as yours but should point you in the right direction
Pages 7 and 23
Looking for More Space!
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Hes talking about this http://prntscr.com/h0rizz the circuit protector fuse.
If that tests out ok, and you have a multi meter you can carefully follow and test the mains voltages from each point until you make it to the PSU, this can determin if theres a bad connection/component or the PSU might be in question.

Infact if its possible you could test the mains right from the PSU (maybe test the AC IN cable (should be just two leads, or if thats not possible, maybe the fuse point and a earth point..?) that would tell you right away if you have good AC from the outlet to the PSU to narrow your issue down. Good Luck
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

GeekMan1222 wrote:Hes talking about this http://prntscr.com/h0rizz the circuit protector fuse.
If that tests out ok, and you have a multi meter you can carefully follow and test the mains voltages from each point until you make it to the PSU, this can determin if theres a bad connection/component or the PSU might be in question.

Infact if its possible you could test the mains right from the PSU (maybe test the AC IN cable (should be just two leads, or if thats not possible, maybe the fuse point and a earth point..?) that would tell you right away if you have good AC from the outlet to the PSU to narrow your issue down. Good Luck
Thanks to you both for that info, the circuit protector fuse doesn't exist in my cabinet. It was pretty "frankensteined" by the time I got it, dodgy backyard replacement *everything* :cry:

Will give it a go in the morning, failing that the arcade tech will pop by this arvo... :D