Armed Police Batrider

Post your high scores here!
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Re: Armed Police Batrider

Post by ChrisBEANS »

cools wrote: August 25th, 2023, 3:59 pm If you're playing regularly Batrider is an easy 1CC (with Strawman). Avoid triggering the hidden bosses!
I’m currently playing with a team of Maria, Strawman, and Bornham… once I get close to the clear I’ll probably stick to one…

I’ve already sussed that I need to avoid triggering Bashinet on Sky High because it’s a beast, but I always make the effort to trigger Gob Robo, because it’s a fun boss and fairly easy.

I need to look up what triggers Hyate on the Highway stage as he often (but not always?) appears, and he’s a dick!

I also need to suss out what I’ve changed recently.
Previously my extends were icons that could be avoided, but now I simply get the extend granted for score and for the big blue thing on Highway.

Fine for now, because I need them, but I understand that if you’re getting that far with no losses then it causes a big jump in rank…

We’ll see…
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

IIRC only Japan version has droppable Extends, all the export versions are instant.

My route is normally Sky High, Sewer, Airport, and I'll play with Strawman type D. Provided I don't make any dumb errors, it's only the final bosses that give me any grief. Super fun game.
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Awesome STG!.. Keep going Chris.
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Not an actual submission… I’ll try to post progress once a month(ish) until I get the Advanced Course 1cc
IMG_2866.jpeg
Shows consistency, right?

Consistently crap :lolno:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quarkstarmuffin
eBay: dogfishheadatecatdog

Post by quarkstarmuffin »

Not an official submission since I didn’t take a picture, but I managed to get a 1-CC on Normal last year using a team of Car-pet (A) / Maria (A) / Adam (A) with a score of around 5.5M. I was still dying *A LOT* on stages 6 & 7 last time I played so still have a ways to go for the Advanced 1-CC
quarkstarmuffin

ChrisBEANS wrote: August 25th, 2023, 4:10 pm I need to look up what triggers Hyate on the Highway stage as he often (but not always?) appears, and he’s a dick!
From https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=71 it looks like Hayate appears if you're using a team with 3 different "power" types and have at least one surviving Mahou character (also Tsumuji appears if you have 3 different "shot" types + the Mahou character).

I try to avoid both of these guys
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Ah cool… cheers!

I’ve started using single ship, Strawman (D) as recommended so I’m not triggering any hidden/bonus bosses anymore.

So much replayability with this game. If I can beat it with Strawman, then there’s so many ship types to mess about with, and allllll of the hidden bosses too.
Now I’m finally investing some effort into it I’m having the best time. I ‘think’ it’s overtaken Esprade for my favourite SHMUP.

Best score so far is now up to 2.9m and that’s the first and only time I’ve made it to level 6.

Im honestly not sure just how much difference rank’s making.
I know that the move seems to be to drop to one life ASAP to keep the rank low but I’m so inconsistent that I’m probably better off keeping the lives and living with the rank?
I make so many mistakes that I’d end up with lots of short games if I tried to play without the safety net of extra lives…
quarkstarmuffin

Yeah, the replayability, huge number of secrets, and personality of this game are pretty damn tough to beat-- definitely my favourite Raizing game and probably in my top 3 shmups overall. Although, I think I do kind of prefer the scoring system from Bakraid because of just how crazy it can get and the fact that it gives you a really strong incentive for strategic suiciding.

For the normal 1-CC I found I was able to get away with fairly minimal rank control, just focusing more on medalling enough for at least 2 score extends + the highway extend, and avoiding triggering the harder secret bosses. On advanced I would think that you could easily get overwhelmed in the last couple of stages if you aren't more deliberate about it.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

I don’t intend on arbitrarily spamming the thread, but just had one freak run where I got a decent way into level 6, and scored about 1m more than my previous best!
IMG_2901.jpeg
Beat Sobut, which is rare, somehow triggered Blunt (I’ll look that up!) and inexplicably beat him first time too. Without bombing.

Honestly, if I had been cooler and more grown up I’d have probably seen the level six boss, but I was too distracted by my own surprise at making it that far :lolno:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.