Post by @Alaska- »

MVS - Default settings.

Code: Select all

ChrisBEANS - 1,398,610 - MVS
1up        - 1,287,830 - MVS
cocoron    -   677,920 - MVS
kernow     -         0 - MVS
---

oh nice.. there's a thread for this ****..

well i agree.. Metal Slug is boring .. playing for score.. you have to wait thel soldiers come in that leeching point and use the knife as hell (and do .. in and out form slug to use invicibility in some point )
very boring..

i have not 1cc'd yet.. i loose a few life on the bridge (and some time all three ) on the six stage... and when a reach the boss with the slug .. i m not able yet to use for all the fight... (i have to master that damn in out job)

i think it's possible to find a good pattern and with some skill improvement.. i can't do it .. i know :cry:

about the score .. when you 're able to complete the game with only one life .. the only good thing to do is leeching the two veichle in the 5 stage.. and loosing there 2 life to get a easy milion points...
for the rest of the game using the kinfe when you have chance and stop...

reach the 3100000 and more WR means to play for more then 1 hour... no thanks.
jpj
Re: Metal Slug (MVS)

Post by jpj »

kern, could you link me to gemant's thread on n-g? :)

and yeah, the 3.1 mill score would've taken over 2hr30min :shock: :?

i have a slug 3 replay of over 10 million. it's about 3hr30min and is split over two dvds :!:
jpj

Post by jpj »

yeah i rinsed most most of my tips from his AIVA site back in the day. i really wanna go back to this game though, even though it's a bit of a grind-fest

i can whack italian through google's translator.. ;)
@Alaska-
Please Continue...

Post by @Alaska- »

kernow wrote:I don't think I'll ever play it intentionally for score, by the time you get to mission 6 and you've got 10+ hostages on every level you're pretty much over a million anyway.
yeah.. and with the trick on the 5 stage you got another milion.. that's what i would like to do for score and nothing else..

jpj wrote:kern, could you link me to gemant's thread on n-g? :)

and yeah, the 3.1 mill score would've taken over 2hr30min :shock: :?
i got some tiricks stored in my book from those thread.. quoting gemant:
Killing enemies:
with normal shot=100 points
with knife=300 points
with slug cannon=1000 points
(this trick works when the cannonball don't hit the enemies but kill them with the deflagration)
- in the first stage when you are after the helicopter with the boat and the explosive.. there is a good point to leech with the cannonball . The enemies that comes from the boat must be killed with the cannon doing in and out to leech with the knife the enemies that come from the upper side.

Killing the bosses:
at time 45, 41 , 36 appear 1 yellow soldier to kill with knife .. total points=900
After this the boss have 220 hit resistence
you can shot 219x100(points)= 21900 total points
but in any case with bigger enemies .. using the cannon give you 1000 extra points
026.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

This thread makes me want to play MS1 :awe:

I suck though. L5 is a problem for me
jpj

Post by jpj »

thank you alaska, i had already seen that info though :D
what would be ideal is a list of all places where enemies respawn.
jpj

Post by jpj »

all the best techniques for all the slug games can be seen here by the way
http://www.youtube.com/user/BLK0314

godbless those chinese kids :awe:
@Alaska-
Please Continue...

Post by @Alaska- »

yes.. in the first level there s the first point where to use the cannon trick... but it's very difficult to do without smashing everything hittin the explosive.(for me obv)
another thing to do is hittin the the non soldier enemy with the cannonball (for exemple .. tank or sidecar) (well i can't rememeber the excat stage) but before encounter the boss that throw flames...
there'are a lot of side car coming fast that you can kill with the cannon (but you have to wait in place for them obv) >>>> 1000 points each if you got the timing
jpj wrote:thank you alaska, i had already seen that info though :D
what would be ideal is a list of all places where enemies respawn.
:awe: yeah.. they are common tricks.. btw not mentioned yet here ..so..

So the infos for the hostages are known?
cause i can translate em if it needed..

btw another point good for leeching is in the third stage.. when you reach the building (that it s going to explode)
have to shot up at the first window on the left.. pay attention at the position (is a safe spot .. you never been killed by the bomb of the tank and granades)
good respawing there.
jpj wrote:all the best techniques for all the slug games can be seen here by the way
http://www.youtube.com/user/BLK0314

godbless those chinese kids :awe:
thanks jpj .. i'll check it..

btw you can find a good run here (wolf 106):
http://arcade-extreme.forumfree.net/?ac ... =293116294
jpj

Post by jpj »

i already know all the prisoners, but i think a list in english would be great help to many players. so if you don't mind, i think it's a good idea :awe:
@Alaska-
Please Continue...

Post by @Alaska- »

ok.. i'll sort the list .. referring gemant guide.

i'have just noticed that the run i posted (btw 2800000 and more.. ) is from joshF that have a channle on you tube where you can learn a lot about the game...
@Alaska-
Please Continue...

Post by @Alaska- »

kernow wrote:I wonder if most people know about the old killing people with the tanks cannon trick.

If you use the cannon and set your tank so the trajectory of it hits a soldier perfectly enough, you get 1000 points each time instead of 100 or whatever :awe: Theres a few places (as others have said) which have constantly respawning enemies (level 1 where you have to blow up the wooden huts with the tnt shortly after you get the tank is one) - enemies just keep coming and you can sit there for ages (until you run out of cannon shots I guess) just getting 1000 out of every one, if you're good.

here's the place:

the enemies must be hitted when reach the cross.. 1000 points each
for the ones that coming from up in-out from the slug and knife...(boooooooooooooring but necessary)

this is the second place near the waterfalls (showing the correct distance to take the 1000pts)
This shoot comes from johsF run.
Last edited by @Alaska- on March 24th, 2009, 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
@Alaska-
Please Continue...

Post by @Alaska- »

here's the guideline to save all prisoners:

105 total prisoners

Mission 1 (10 Total Prisoners, 4 Hidden Prisoners)
Just a little, before the boss, there are two hiddens prisoners for waterfalls (4 in total)
Shot up repetedly to find em out.
That's all for the first stage.

Mission 2 (12 Total Prisoners, 3 Hidden Prisoners)
After the bridges section and just after destroyed the tank, you have to shot down to the little bush to find three prisoners with a medal each one.

Mission 3 (17 Total Prisoners, 4 Hidden Prisoners)
At the boss we have 5 prisoners that are not really hidden.
Basically you must wait without kill the boss and they fall down from trees.
Before the boss in the forest section, there are two trees to destroy. CPU randomize the discover of 1 or 2 prisoners for each tree.

Mission 4 (23 Total Prisoners, 11 Hidden Prisoners)
Start of the stage, don't move and shoot in front of you to the hovel killing all the soldiers that appear continusly. Around 54 second three prisoners fall from the sky with machinegun, bombs and a chicken. Pay attention to the aerial raid.
When you got the Metal Slug and meet the first stair, shoot up placing yourself in the middle of the stairs to reveal 3 prisoners.

At the bunker there's a visible prisoner to save, but if you wait for 4 soldiers to come and you kill em, this reveal 2 more prisoners.

Then, fighting the boss there are 3 prisoners in up-right side of the screen and other 3 in low left side (they''ll come from the gallery) but you have to kill the tank below without killing the tank above.So go revealing the prisoners up right and kill the tank below, then go down to reveal the prisoners in the gallery e finally kill the tank above.
Image Image

Mission 5 (15 Total Prisoners, 5 Hidden Prisoners)
Destroy the first two houses hitting the roof , reveiling two hidden prisoners.
A few step after, shoot up the second big tree near the zone where you find the metal slug to reveal 2 prisoners.
Fighting the boss, destroy his lower part (the one that throw flames) to reveal 3 hidden prisoners.

MIssion 6 (28 Total Prisoners, 6 hidden Prisoners)
Just reached the bridge stop on the first floorboard shooting on the left to save 1 prisoners then go on till the tenth floorboard and again, shoots to the left to save other 2 prisoners.
Shoting on the rock (or using a granade) you can save 1 or 2 prisoners (random decided by CPU) but there's a lot of events choosed random by CPU including no prisoners and 1 hidden soldier or no prisoners and 3 soldiers throwed across the screen.
After completed the submarine section you can shoot to the white cloud to reveal 2 prisoners.

Fighting the boss place yourself on the right corner of the screen and shoot up. You have to wait till 6 prisoners come down one by one.

sorry for the translation errors :awe:
all credits go to Gemant
jpj

Post by jpj »

:awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe:
:awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe:

Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 12.
:x
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Nice post @Alaska :awe:
@Alaska-
Please Continue...

Post by @Alaska- »

sadly according to the guide.. about 4 prisoners are random.. maybe it makes no difference since would be about 40k points.. but maybe there s a bonus for collecting all prisoners.. but i cant really know that.
probably the world record is done maily with the leeching.

btw on that guide there's a mention to the super high score technique
here's :
during mission 5 there are two veichle from where blow up soldier..
Pay attention to reach the point when the veichle come up the screen but not with the door open.
Now it's possible to shoot the veichle without damage it and earn 100 pts per hit.
For the first veichle you only can use you gun. But for the third (this bug works only on the first and on the third veichle) you have the slug.
With his gun you can hit the veichle without rest(O_O) till the end of the time.

When the time ' running out exit from the slug and die.
with the second life repeat the tricks.
With this method it's possible to get about 1milion points exra but it cost two life.
Last edited by @Alaska- on March 25th, 2009, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

I wasn't playing for score, just looking to no death it, but seeing how close this was to a million has inspired me to try to top a million.

I'll be back. In the mean time...

Edit: Didn't no death it either. Lost a life on the bridge in 6
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

After witnessing your no death run...I have no doubt you'll hit 1million.

Amazing skills :-o
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

zak wrote: July 29th, 2021, 10:08 pm After witnessing your no death run...I have no doubt you'll hit 1million.

Amazing skills :-o
Ha, I’m just glad someone saw it! Nobody really believes the “I completed it on 20p!” bloke, do they?
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Right, got the million, but now I think there's room for improvement... I'll see if I can get top spot here. Not saying I think I can, but I'll have a good crack at it.

Would be fun if others wanted to get involved? Surely everyone who has an MVS, has Metal Slug, right??
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

:slowclap: Nicely done CB!

I've only 1cc'd it once before :awe:

Never done a 1 life. I'll make some time to play through soon.