The Librarian
Initials: DAV

World Rally

Post by davewellington »

Using Normal Difficulty (SW2-7&8 OFF)

Best 5

Code: Select all

1. 24,931 - DAV (davewellington)
I just got this game, and I'm not even going to post a photo of my score because it's so bad it's believable :D
If you haven't tried this game out, take a shot at it in MAME. It's a whole lot more fun than I'd have ever expected. Developed in Spain!
all your wiki pages belong to me
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Re: World Rally

Post by jonny5 »

I've got this too, I will have to fire it up and post a score. It is a great game, although not very polished graphically; plays fast though and it is actually way better if you put your stick to 2 way. The most interesting thing about this game is the fact that Gaelco actually released the unencrypted roms for this and helped the mame team get it working. Before that they used to actually fix peoples boards when they suicided.

Oh ya, be aware, this game has a suicide battery.
on the loose
Shady994
Please Continue...
eBay: lmstolton
Initials: SDY

Post by Shady994 »

I have this game also, but the audio amp is on the fritzl. I may repair it this weekend.
Unite2k
Please Continue...
eBay: neomerchant
Initials: CED

Post by Unite2k »

Great game! The review Lee at VGI did a few years ago may be over the top but it made WR one of the first JAMMA boards I bought for my collection. Goes for around £30, definitely worth the cash.
What I'm about to say, I'm not saying lightly: this game is truly a 2D Sega Rally, at the very least! Overhead, sort of isometric viewpoint, World Rally is an absolutely FANTASTIC game which destroys everything similar, even laughing at the Neo-Geo's Neo Drift Out on the way.
The gameplay is just...perfect! So pinpoint accurate, yet absolutely controllable in the drifts and turning, so easy to grab the apex with the tail out just as much as you want it to be. Quite simply, I think this is one of the best games available, any genre, for any format.
Graphics are great, and the sound is great with a truly stonking engine noise, which just adds to the perfection.

Back in the early '90s when we used to have a shop, we used to have a cabinet where we'd constantly be changing the PCBs, putting in all our favourite stuff, R-Type Leo, Xexex, that sort of thing, but I distinctly remember World Rally staying in the machine for longer than anything else. Not that we really cared, but all the customers loved it too - even people who weren't especially into driving games - and if we did take it out, it wouldn't be long before it went back in the machine again.

The vast majority of my favourite PCBs are shooters, but World Rally will probably forever be in my top 10 JAMMA PCB list, I can't recommend it highly enough.
Source http://www.videogameimports.com/
http://www.deuxspin.com
"Anything goes with a touch of soul!"