Namco System 10

PCB problems and fixes
sneek
Please Continue...
Namco System 10

Post by sneek »

Hi Guys,

Anyone know much about this board ?

I have a Mr Driller G that apparently back in the day there was a comms option which uploaded high scores to a website... anyone seen this in action ?

I have all the manuals etc... but its in japanese which doesn't help :lol:

Cheers,
JAMMArob
Please Continue...

Re: Namco System 10

Post by JAMMArob »

It's essentially based on the Playstation hardware, with a 50 MHz CPU as opposed to 33 MHz in the PS1.

That's all I have...
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Mr Driller G used a code system that was entered in the global high score web site by the user rather than a direct connection to the PCB.
sneek
Please Continue...

Post by sneek »

yosai wrote:Mr Driller G used a code system that was entered in the global high score web site by the user rather than a direct connection to the PCB.
Ahh that makes sense then... I was trying to figure out how you would get comms off this board. Cheers.
matt
Please Continue...
eBay: msephton

Post by matt »

Can I just confirm a Namco System 10 board is JAMMA compatible?

And that the daughter boards you can get for them just add JVS compatibility and extra I/O?

Thanks,
matt
neofrank

Post by neofrank »

matt wrote:Can I just confirm a Namco System 10 board is JAMMA compatible?
And that the daughter boards you can get for them just add JVS compatibility and extra I/O?
This is correct, normally JAMMA, certain daughter board adds JVS stuff...other versions are just for extra i/o (missing vga, usb, rca)...with the daughter board, power is pulled from the molex on the main board
matt
Please Continue...
eBay: msephton

Post by matt »

Cheers
subbie
Please Continue...

Post by subbie »

Does anybody know the model number of the EXIO PCB that adds full JVS support? Also is it compatible with all S10 games?

I know I kind of asked about this before but the best i've come across is EXIO(S) & EXIO(G). One only adding the Extended harness, the other adding the Ext harness and RCA Audio.

Also to add, I few weeks back I secured a Sys10 EMI for Drum Master, so I might be able to figure out the full pinout of the EXIO harness soon (seems to be based on the Sys11/12 harness and it contains both digital and analog lines).
Namco System 246/256/357 Software List
******** Help Fill in the blanks *******
http://www.smalllinks.com/P60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
neofrank

Post by neofrank »

Mine is full JVS, 2 CRT, one set of RCA outs, and usb, 'EXIO PCB' no (s) or (g)

the pic I have seen of the (g) board had a sticker labeled as such (EXIO (g) pcb) where mine is silk screened on the board, in addition to missing the inputs the (g) board I have seen is also missing some of the cpu/chips that mine has populated

I will try and get a pic up at some point if that would help....also its on a driller g board, I have one other sys 10, but haven't tried it with the i/o before.
subbie
Please Continue...

Post by subbie »

Ah ok...

Kind of sucks I still have had no luck tracking one down. I would love to be able to use my current JVS setup to play Drum Master 1-5. =/
Namco System 246/256/357 Software List
******** Help Fill in the blanks *******
http://www.smalllinks.com/P60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

neofrank wrote: September 6th, 2011, 6:20 pm
matt wrote:Can I just confirm a Namco System 10 board is JAMMA compatible?
This is correct, normally JAMMA, certain daughter board adds JVS stuff...other versions are just for extra i/o (missing vga, usb, rca)...with the daughter board, power is pulled from the molex on the main board
Necrobump, sorry not sorry. ;)

I recently bought a Driller G which had the EXIO card attached. I never knew such pcb existed. Apparently you can also set Driller G to use either 240p or 480i interlaced mode. So I understand that this gives you the ability to use JVS cabinets but aren't all those 31khz?

The pcb runs fine on Jamma only. The molex is not connected to anything else. The manual seem to indicate that there is a small 4 pin connector too right next to the jamma. What is that supposed to do?

Finally, my Namco Consolette has an extra small connector in the jamma loom that seem to connect perfectly to the EXIO card. Pictured. Should I connect it? What would it provide? The cab is made in 1990...is the EXIO using some Namco established standard?

So confused, sooo many questions.
57BC3856-6742-4A8C-92F8-5F0B96BFBE16.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

aerobert wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 10:35 pmSo I understand that this gives you the ability to use JVS cabinets but aren't all those 31khz?
Net Citys are tri-sync. Cyberleads too I guess.

As for the 48-pin connecter, Mr Driller G probably doesn't benefit from it, but for any fighting game that uses more than three buttons (like Tekken), that's where your auxiliary buttons are.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

The hardware basically supports JAMMA and JVS. Cyberleads are JVS but only the Cyberlead 2 supports 31KHz.
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

Cool, thanks for that. So with this board I can essentially put it in a 31khz cabinet like a NUC?

I figured out that the small 4-pin connector next to the jamma on the main board was for RCA sound connection it seems.
As for the 48-pin connecter, Mr Driller G probably doesn't benefit from it, but for any fighting game that uses more than three buttons (like Tekken), that's where your auxiliary buttons are.
Interesting that the 48-pin connector was in place already in 1990. What games used it at this point?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

aerobert wrote: October 27th, 2020, 8:33 am Cool, thanks for that. So with this board I can essentially put it in a 31khz cabinet like a NUC?
The monitor would need to support 15KHz.
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

Oh right, I'm constantly confusing that JVS=31khz but it's only a connection standard.