xbox360 in Blast City

PCB problems and fixes
icebergslim
Please Continue...
xbox360 in Blast City

Post by icebergslim »

Hey guys, I know this is a noob question, but I figure I'd at least give it a shot. I tried searching through this forum, as well as other forums, but I wasn't really able to get a clear answer.

So anyways, I'm planning to buy a Blast City cabinet. I wanted to place my 360 in the cabinet and just use some hacked PCBs and plug that up to the control panel. My question is in regards to actually hooking up the 360 to the monitor and the speakers. So from what I understand, the Blast City has a VGA input right? Meaning to say that I wouldn't need to buy a converter in order to connect it to the monitor. Also, what about the sound inputs? How am I going to be able to run the sound to the speakers?

I was under the impression that I would just need this to resolve this issue: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/

I've looked through all the Blast City manuals but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Re: xbox360 in Blast City

Post by emphatic »

If you monitor does VGA (640X480) then monitor part is OK. For audio, you'll need an amp of some sort. Either you install a 2.1 sub in your cab or you get a small form 12V amp that you can run off your cabs' power (JAMMA harness for example).
Catzoo
Please Continue...

Post by Catzoo »

Many people have problems with Xbox in Blast. They got a great image for 5 sec , then black screen. But not all of them got this problem , maybe some have some kind of security or something.

I read that a few people get this problem ( and i saw it on a friend's blast ). The only way we found at the moment was to use a capcom converter :silent:
icebergslim
Please Continue...

Post by icebergslim »

Thanks for the info guys. I haven't heard of anyone having an image for only 5 seconds or so. Can you elaborate more on this problem?

The guy who did the same exact project just PMed me back today (from the Neo-Geo forums), and he said all he used was the VGA and RCA plug from the xbox and just hooked it up directly to his blast.

Oh well, I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get the cabs in about two weeks or so.
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

icebergslim wrote:Thanks for the info guys. I haven't heard of anyone having an image for only 5 seconds or so. Can you elaborate more on this problem?

The guy who did the same exact project just PMed me back today (from the Neo-Geo forums), and he said all he used was the VGA and RCA plug from the xbox and just hooked it up directly to his blast.

Oh well, I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get the cabs in about two weeks or so.
that *SHOULD* be all you need to do for video an audio as JVS pushes Video over a VGA connector and audio over 2 RCA connectors. Try it and let us know.
I stream myself playing Otomedius when I get bored
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otomedius" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
icebergslim
Please Continue...

Post by icebergslim »

Will do.
Catzoo
Please Continue...

Post by Catzoo »

I read this on Neo Arcadia ( French ) and on other boards.

It just seem that " some " blast don't accept the 360 VGA without a converter ( stupid cause it didn't convert anything ).

Does that blast got an autoswitch ? It seem that it only affect the blast that have a 15/31 switch.

But if the guy who sold you the blast already play 360 on the cab , It should be ok !
icebergslim
Please Continue...

Post by icebergslim »

Hmm. I hope that sure isn't the case. Anyways, did the people who used a converter (that didn't really convert anything :crazy: ) actually get the 360 to run in the Blast City?
neofrank

Post by neofrank »

My Blast works fine with my 360, been using it with Deathsmiles for awhile now, with no problem, just straight vga into the monitor and audio straight to the stereo input (well a female adapter in the middle)

Mine has an autosync Nanao in it, so maybe ppl were having issues with the revision that had Sanwa's ?!? I believe in them
Regardless if its in the US, and the chassis hasnt be replaced it is most likely this one, and if the seller said he has been running it, I would tend to believe that it will be no problem.
icebergslim
Please Continue...

Post by icebergslim »

So I finally got my Blast City in yesterday. I hooked it up today, and it works perfectly. Just hooked up the VGA from the xbox into the monitor and then the RCA cables to the speakers. :D

edit: here's a photo (http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9459/img3570s.jpg)

Lastly, does anyone have any idea on how to repair the speaker grills? The one of the left is a little dented and could use some paint.
myuniversallove

Post by myuniversallove »

icebergslim wrote:So I finally got my Blast City in yesterday. I hooked it up today, and it works perfectly. Just hooked up the VGA from the xbox into the monitor and then the RCA cables to the speakers. :D

edit: here's a photo (http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9459/img3570s.jpg)

Lastly, does anyone have any idea on how to repair the speaker grills? The one of the left is a little dented and could use some paint.

get a black marker and it will give the chip t paint a go,and from the back try to squees the dent out with a flat piece of something.easy fix without hassle ;)
manman
Please Continue...

Post by manman »

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm having the same problem mentioned earlier about the 'video signal for a few seconds, then it goes blank'. Can anyone tell me what this "capcom converter" mentioned above is?

I believe I do have the manual sync nanao chassis because I have dip switches on the remote board to switch manually. One strange thing I notice though, is that if I set it to 15kHz, it does seem like the monitor is trying to auto-sync or something... I'll get a clear picture split into 2 for a while, but sometimes I hear the chassis making this clicking sound, and it will go fuzzy, turn into a solid (unsplit) picture for a second, or go back to the solid split signal (it will randomly switch between these). If I set it back to 31kHz though I juts get the blank screen, unless I unhook the vga cable and hook it back in again I'll see the picture for a fraction of a second, then blank.

Also- this happened for the first time today. I've hooked it up 3 or 4 times before this and the picture was perfect every other time, never had an issue with that before.