NA-JV(G) PCB inside Namco Grigio USB connection help.

PCB problems and fixes
Gibins
eBay: gibins

NA-JV(G) PCB inside Namco Grigio USB connection help.

Post by Gibins »

I recently got a Namco Grigio and I hooked up a computer to it just to see if everything worked and just to test stuff with it, and I noticed there's a USB for the pad and the stick. The gamepad works fine and the computer identifies it no problem, the stick on the other hand does not work. It is labeled "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". The PCB is a NA-JV, which it looks like is put inside other machines, but in all the pictures I can find of the PCB online, it does not have the USB-B port on it like the one inside the Grigio does.

I was wondering if anyone who has any experience working with these PCBs knows if there's some trick or driver I can use to make a windows computer or maybe a game console identify it, or if I'll have to just have to disconnect it and wire a different PCB from a fight-stick or something into the cab.

The cab came with a manual with wire diagrams and stuff in it. I haven't been able to find much info about the Grigio online, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, so if someone wants a scan of the wire diagrams or something, I can do that and add it to this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Re: NA-JV(G) PCB inside Namco Grigio USB connection help.

Post by thegreathopper »

It’s a JVS IO and needs a JVS to talk to, I doubt it talks to a PC.
Gibins

Post by Gibins »

I see. Well if that's that, I'll just disconnect it then put a different PCB in. I thought because it had a USB port it might work, but oh well.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Get a JVS-PAC or similar.
Gibins

Post by Gibins »

I'll look into that as well. Thanks for the suggestion.