Need someone to make cable adapters (CPS2 to CPS1 and so on)

PCB problems and fixes
Moonwalker
eBay: Glmorgenstern
Initials: TOA

Need someone to make cable adapters (CPS2 to CPS1 and so on)

Post by Moonwalker »

Hi everyone,

I bought a nice CAPCOM DAD-001A cable which makes it possible to play games with up to 4 players on 2 cabs. It gets the controls for P3 and P4 through a CPS2 kick harness and I need someone to make me some adapters for it to play other games on 2 cabs with up to 4 players as well.

You can see it here;:

I would like to get adapters for the following PCBs, just a cps2 to whatever connector cable is fine. As far as I understand some PCBs of the companies share the same connection. Maybe anyone knows somebody who can help me out? I can provide all infos and pics. Thank you!

CAPCOM
- CPS1 & CPS1 Q SOUND

SEGA
- Golden Axe Death Adder (I have the complete kit with the needed cables)
- Alien Storm

KANEKO
- B. Rap Boys

KONAMI
I have the Run and Gun original 4 Player harness, but it seems to no be compatible with the other games.
- Vendetta
- Violent Storm
- Mystic Warriors
- Sunset Riders
- Turtles
- X Men
- Simpsons

DATA EAST
- Dark Seal
- Dunk Dream 95
- Night Slashers

IREM
- Undercover Cops
- Hook
Inusuke

Re: Need someone to make cable adapters (CPS2 to CPS1 and so on)

Post by Inusuke »

Hi Moonwalker,
You have beautiful PCB's and it's true, it's a shame not to take advantage of the multiplayer.
In fact, it's very simple, just grab the manuals for each game from the net and figure out which connectors you need for each one.
You plug these connectors on the PCB of your games then you cables them directly on an adapter (HRS DF1BZ-34) which will be connected to the kick harness of the DAD-001A.
You must first determine the function of each pin of the harness of your DAD cable, I put it below:

Next, you have to determine the correspondence on the pinout (which you will find in the manual for each game) of the connector that will plug into the PCB.
I give you some examples below.
For CPS1.5:

For your Golden Axe - Revenge of the Death Adder:

You can do this harness yourself, it's relatively simple, i can help you with all the games you have, but if you want, I know someone who can do it for you, that's his job. He does very good quality work.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Moonwalker
eBay: Glmorgenstern
Initials: TOA

Post by Moonwalker »

Thank you very much! Actually I got this far already and also gave an order with Remi :)
I cannot reach him anymore since some days though and I need 4 more adaptors. Could you make them if he will not?

Merci beaucoup
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

You could try @LemonyVengeance who I am sure could help out. Not sure what his backlog is currently like though!

Good luck and lovely harness you have there! I'd love to have one to get 4P Capcom games going. Do you know if it works with Power Stone and Spawn?